Fallout 4 - Far Harbor Releases Tomorrow

Aubrielle

Noveliste
Far Harbor, Fallout 4's largest content update so far, releases tomorrow.

More information.

It may be time to buy Fallout 4 and play it finally. I thought they were releasing something in June so I may wait another month or two. Something about mods I thought.

How I was excited about all things Bethesda a few years ago. They had their flaws but nothing a few mods couldn't fix. Now? I somehow couldn't care less.
I hope they can up their game for the next TES. The Witcher 3 is the new gold standard for open-world action RPGs, both in story/quests as well as graphics.

The Witcher 3 is the new gold standard for open-world action RPGs, both in story/quests as well as graphics.

While The Witcher 3 is exceptional, there's still a lot of space for RPG of some other types. And that's what I like about RPG. We have it all kinds and colors. Fallout is doing fine no matter what you think about it.

Witcher 3 was a great game but it was almost like watching a movie. Was not a big fan of the combat either. I enjoyed a modded Skyrim more.

Witcher 3 was an adventure game right? I don't remember getting to pick my role at all. I have to play Geriatric or nobody :biggrin:

That said, Far Harbor isn't enough to entice me back to Fallout 4 so soon. I'll wait for the inevitable sale on all DLC and then replay it. Probably next year sometime.

I'm much more into fantasy though. I played Skyrim for 200 hours unmodded, then immediately played again with several mods, then played 8 months later with gobs of mods and DLC. I bought each DLC as it was released too. I haven't bought any of the Fallout stuff and am not in any hurry to rush out and get it. TES >>>> Fallout.

I like the Lovecraft/Innsmouth vibe they're going for.

Isn't this supposed to have a lot of fog? This will probably do wonders for frame rate.
I almost feel sorry for Gamebryo for what they're putting him through here. :p

Already downloaded but I'm finishing Final Fantasy six before I even take a peek at this. That'll give them some time to push out the mandatory patches.

Ahhhhhhh...my brain hurts! After abandoning FO4 for something more interesting, I went back a week or two ago and my god, it just feels so tedious. I'm slogging through the main quest, sided with the Institute, murdered former colleagues etc. Now going to finish the BoS (which I hope is the end)...but I just have no interest. The thought of playing an expansion just sucks the life from me, like a Dementor from harry potter (aieeeeee! as they always print in comics ;)

Ahhhhhhh…my brain hurts! After abandoning FO4 for something more interesting, I went back a week or two ago and my god, it just feels so tedious. I'm slogging through the main quest, sided with the Institute, murdered former colleagues etc. Now going to finish the BoS (which I hope is the end)…but I just have no interest. The thought of playing an expansion just sucks the life from me, like a Dementor from harry potter (aieeeeee! as they always print in comics ;)

Yep, that's why I sprinted through the last third of the game when I played. I was disappointed, annoyed, and bored out of my mind; I knew I wouldn't be coming back to it anytime soon.

Maybe one day if an overhaul mod comes around to toss out the stupid main quest that has you killing your former friends for the sake of yet another linear forgettable quest objective.

Looking forward to it but while I own it, it will be probably a good 60+ hours of game time before I can consider it. Doing survival mode and having way too much fun in the main game to race off yet … plus need to get some more levels anyhow. I tend to enjoy holding off on the larger DLC's for something to look forward to when I want some new content. I didn't get to Solstheim in Skyrim until a year after the DLC came out. Course if I my curiosity gets the better of me all bets are off and I may break down and take a look :)

While The Witcher 3 is exceptional, there's still a lot of space for RPG of some other types. And that's what I like about RPG. We have it all kinds and colors. Fallout is doing fine no matter what you think about it.

I don't care about Fallout 4 that much. I can't get into post-apocalyptic settings (it's not like I didn't try, I've put 20-30 hours in each of Fallout 3, New Vegas and Wasteland 2 in the last 2 years), but I totally agree with the concept that RPG are greats because we get so many different ones.

I watched the first minute of this video and dayumn, looks great! It actually makes me want to move to Maine for some reason....

But yeah, if I were playing Fallout 4 I'd be all over this. Have fun!

what? no "released" post yesterday?

no - this game is amazing, redeems FO4/sucks, full of bugs/design flaws replies?

Back
Top Bottom