Exp:Conq Expeditions: Conquistador - Impressions @ Iron Tower

Expeditions: Conquistador

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Iron Tower's Vince posted screenshot-heavy impressions of Expeditions: Conquistador from a press build they received:
The dialogue system is nicely done. It shows your resources, different options, and what's been said previously. Most options appear to be aimed at role-playing a personality and sometimes you're forced to go along no matter what you say, but the different outcomes are there as well. For example, if you leave one of party members behind to guard your cargo (the game's resources), it will be safe and sound. If you don't, you'll lose some to thieves. Very text-adventurish.

Speaking of the resources, you have:

- Valuables - generic treasure you'll be using to buy things and bribe officials.
- Medicine to heal wounded (more on that later)
- Rations to eat every day to keep morale steady (hungry men start getting all kinda ideas)
- Equipment (upgrades weapon and armor of your troop whatever that means)
More information.

I already know I won't guard the cargo as thieves can't steal more than I can grab. :D

But rations? Wasn't the daily rations idea dropped when Betrayal at Antara failed to sell?

funny that the previewer thought the battles were too easy... during the tutorial and first moments of the game LOL, then the game showed its claws and left him crying in the corner like a little baby. Can't wait to play this!

looks great. was just congratulating all who backed this !

I already know I won't guard the cargo as thieves can't steal more than I can grab. :D

But rations? Wasn't the daily rations idea dropped when Betrayal at Antara failed to sell?

To be fair, it was kinda hard to follow in Betrayal at Krondor's footsteps. Man, I loved that game. Return to Krondor, you are dead to me!

Actually Return to Krondor, while not a masterpiece, is a really good game IMO.

The rations work out quite well, they make you more cautious about exploring to far without supplies. Personally I had a lot of hunters and these made this aspect easier. Of course then you suffer in other areas, I found I didn't have enough guards and scouts. It's a fun puzzle. :)

Daniel.

Actually Return to Krondor, while not a masterpiece, is a really good game IMO.
I think so too. Short, a bit too simple, but still a nice game for a long weekend.

Glad I backed this one, and it looks like it's the first to be released of the games I pledged for. Can't wait to play the full version, tried the demo a bit but simply decided I liked it after half an hour or so and that it would probably be a better experince if I simply waited for the full game to be released.

Is there a public demo or was that just for backers?

Just for Backers & Press. I played two Beta's and both were excellent. I don't know how much the game will cost once released but it'll be worth it regardless!

Daniel.

Glad I backed this one, and it looks like it's the first to be released of the games I pledged for. Can't wait to play the full version, tried the demo a bit but simply decided I liked it after half an hour or so and that it would probably be a better experince if I simply waited for the full game to be released.

Exact same story here. Looking forward to the full release.

Back
Top Bottom