Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark - Preview

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
PC Gamer checked out a demo of the tactical RPG Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark:

Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark unabashedly takes after Final Fantasy: Tactics

We played the demo of the Kickstarter success to see how it's coming along.

My plan was to open with an easy joke about how characters in Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark walk infinitely in place like it's the newest exercise craze (as you can see in the trailer above), but unfortunately I missed my chance. The developers at 6 Eyes Studio listened to player feedback and in the latest build characters have new, less goofy idle animations.

Those perpetually strolling characters showed how closely 6 Eyes are emulating Final Fantasy Tactics and Tactics Ogre, their two main inspirations. Maybe it's for the best, but I'm sorry I took the moonwalking for granted. Yet even without endlessly marching NPCs, there are a lot of elements of Fell Seal lifted directly from Final Fantasy: Tactics.

[...]

I can't say for sure, but I don't get the feeling that Fell Seal is going to dip into cliches like "the hero was destined all along" or "the villain wants to turn the entire world into a hellscape." Nothing is for certain, but I've so far enjoyed the story of these three stalwart Arbiters who find themselves the center of attention not due to supernatural ability or conveniently royal blood, but by pure unfortunate circumstance.

[...]
Thanks henriquejr!

More information.

If it follows FF Tactics' and Tactics Ogre's steps then it's in good company :)

Had a kick starter update today from these blokes about how they expect to be sending out keys for the game "soon". What exact time-frame that is I've no idea, because last I heard the game wasn't even coming out until next year, perhaps it will start in some early access form.

Looks like this game just moved into early access stage, and if you pledged you either have a key or should get one soon. Thank goodness I'm entertained right now or I'd be exploring this one!!

Back
Top Bottom