System Shock - New Fan Campaign

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Gamewatcher reports on a new campaign mod for the original and GOG version of System Shock called ReWired.

The campaign of ReWired is set in the damp hallways of UNN Bismarck, a medical vessel that has been taken over by SHODAN. Once aboard, the player will have to seek out the source of this technological, but also biological infestation and root it out completely. The premise itself is, of course, fairly close to that of the original game, but that's just how it goes, and not to mention the fact that this is the very first fully-fledged mod campaign ever released for System Shock.

Since the mod is compatible both with the original build of the game as well as with the more up-to-date GOG version, there's no reason for you to skip out on this release if you're a fan of retro gaming.

More information.

Yeah, they have changed so that a lot more tastes, old and new, can and will be satisfied.

Yeah, they have changed so that a lot more tastes, old and new, can and will be satisfied.

Very true - and I consider that a good thing.

In this case, my own personal preferences lie somewhere nearer the current century.

I'm not even too excited about the upcoming remake, after they backed down from the more ambitious version.

As much as I love System Shock - being among my very favorite games of all time - I really don't see much point in playing it once again if it's just a visual upgrade.

But it will be great for people who've never tried it because of the archaic visuals and clunky controls.

As for myself, oh well - as you said, there are many, many other games out there ;)

Back
Top Bottom