Wasteland 3 - Cult of the Holy Detonation Available

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The final DLC content for Wasteland 3 is now available; Cult of the Holy Detonation.

Deep within the Cheyenne Mountain military complex, mutant cults worship an ancient deity they call the Holy Detonation--a nuclear explosion held in stasis. Whether god, science experiment, or accidental miracle, the Detonation's energy could power Colorado Springs for hundreds of years, or level it in an instant. The warring cults have differing opinions on who should be allowed to honor their god, and you're going to have to muscle your way to the altar. It's one last mission for the Rangers in Colorado, and the outcome is certain to be explosive--one way or the other.

Cult of the Holy Detonation expands the Wasteland 3 experience with entry into the Cheyenne Mountain complex, crammed with new characters, enemies, challenging combat encounters, and powerful new weapons and armor. Your squad of Rangers will be tested like never before in objective-based encounters that put a creative spin on the already deeply tactical turn-based combat. As they face overwhelming odds, the Rangers will need to shut down reactors, clear ventilation systems, and engage defensive countermeasures to stem an unending tide of dangerous mutants and machines within the dilapidated military bunker.

More information.

Nice. I held off on getting this until it was complete. Now I just need to find the time to play it among everything else that I'm trying to play.

Amazing! I want some Final DLCs - whatever they are planning - then some patches. Then I'll play this excellent game!

Amazing! I want some Final DLCs - whatever they are planning - then some patches. Then I'll play this excellent game!

What more are you looking to be patched? There have already been quite a number of patches since the games release. There was just one last week for instance.

Last edited:
OMG! and I still haven't finished the base game..... :(

Still havent even buy this one. Not sure why, probably distracted by other games. Or was there some exclusivity on release? Dont remember ...

I played it right on release and while there were a couple of minor issues, I had a lot of fun. There's bound to be another patch or two now that they have released new content, but I'm definitely itching for another playthrough. Also, I'm pretty sure there is no more DLC planned.

I keep forgetting this game exists. I was pretty underwhelmed with Wasteland 2-(I found the character building uninteresting; seemed to be no reason to focus on any weapon besides rifles [maybe one melee guy], no special attacks, too many different containers & corresponding skills. And with few exceptions the quests seem to mostly be of the "go here and kill everything" type). So I quit halfway through and never went back. Think there's a chance I'd enjoy WL3 more?

Also, I'm pretty sure there is no more DLC planned.
Never say never they haven't released the directors cut version yet.:lol:

Remember it's a staple of crowdfunded RPGs you get some type of GOTY release.

I keep forgetting this game exists. I was pretty underwhelmed with Wasteland 2-(I found the character building uninteresting; seemed to be no reason to focus on any weapon besides rifles [maybe one melee guy], no special attacks, too many different containers & corresponding skills. And with few exceptions the quests seem to mostly be of the "go here and kill everything" type). So I quit halfway through and never went back. Think there's a chance I'd enjoy WL3 more?
I disliked wasteland 2 even though in theory it should be my cup of tea.

I never got very far with it, but I played through wasteland 3 in a couple of weeks, which is very fast for me.

Really enjoyed it.

I disliked wasteland 2 even though in theory it should be my cup of tea.

I never got very far with it, but I played through wasteland 3 in a couple of weeks, which is very fast for me.

Really enjoyed it.
You can finish the game a lot faster now as inXile added a new combat mode called tourist mode, for those that hate combat, and just want to play for the story.
jx48jqkvsxd61.jpg

Last edited:
You can finish the game a lot faster now as inXile added a new combat mode called tourist mode, for those that hate combat, and just want t play for the story
jx48jqkvsxd61.jpg
Are you talking about wasteland 2 or 3?

Becauae I was talking about really enjoying 3,so I wouldn't want to personally go on tourist mode for that one.

Are you talking about wasteland 2 or 3?

Becauae I was talking about really enjoying 3,so I wouldn't want to personally go on tourist mode for that one.
Wasteland 3 of course.:)

As you mentioned it took you a few weeks to finish. Now it wont as you finish faster due to the beginner combat mode. Combat never appealed to me anyway.

I'm a story player first always was.

Still havent even buy this one. Not sure why, probably distracted by other games. Or was there some exclusivity on release? Dont remember …

You were probably doing the same thing as me and just waiting for the game to be complete.

Fwiw, Steam has it on sale right now. You can get the main game and all the DLC bundled together for around $35

Wasteland two was pretty good, I've played it through twice to date and likely will revisit it one more time before I get the third entry. And, of course, the original Wasteland is a fine game, well worth playing, I've more time invested in that one than I do the second.

Definitely, weapons are much better balanced, there's a place for everything. The story is interesting with some real choices to be made. I think it's a huge improvement on WL2.

I'm excited to play this again now that all the DLC is out. I finished it around the release because I'm just that kind of Fallout/Wasteland/Post-Apoc fan boi; and the updates and new content added make me excited to play it again. Time and money well spent in my book.

I honestly enjoyed WL3 quite a bit, and I found the game entertaining, though some systems weren't ideal (ie, needing to have skilldump characters at the base to sell/craft cus those skills were useless anywhere else) and combat wasn't really well balanced.

What doomed it for me though was the criminal amount of bugs the game was released with, including the fact that was actually impossible to play the game in coop, despite that aspect being one of the highest self-glorified pitches the game came with, and game-breaking bugs that were accentuated by the fact that, at the time at least, the game just had 3 autosave/quicksave slots or something ridiculously low that got overwritten within 10 minutes of playing, so if your game broke for some reason, most likely there wasn't a safe point for you to try to salvage the playthrough and you had to restart from scratch (happened to me, about 15 hours in).

I also found the game was shorter than I had hoped, but that wasn't necessarily awful, just an observation on my side.

With that said, I'm kinda looking forward to revisiting it at some point with all the DLCs, now that the game is in theory fully fixed and functional, and has some potentially fun extra content.

Back
Top Bottom