Wizards & Warriors on GoG

Whey! Great news. That's been on my community wishlist for awhile now. I've had an Activision cd version for years but have never tried to get it going on a newer OS since the XP days. Good ol' GoG keeps delivering. :)

Never had a problem to run the original game with dgVoodoo2 and DX11 as output.
But it's definitely a good thing that everybody can now easily enjoy the best unofficial Wizardry game.

I'm a little surprised to see this made it to GOG. I didn't think it was popular enough, and I remember it being pretty glitchy. I could never get it to run on anything later than Win XP myself.

It was kind of neat in its own quirky way though. I'll probably pick this up at some point just to see how well it holds up. I'm also curious if they performed any additional fixes besides just making it run on modern OSs.

I had never dared to hope.

I never got far into the game. It's like a curse. First, I didn't really get into the combat system. Then, my computer broke down. And then, I couldn't get that stupid video driver, this game requires. I won't buy it right away, but some day, I'm goint to try again.

If this actually really works, I’ll be playing it this weekend and putting everything else on hold.

I’m a huge wizardry fan and really wanted to finish this back when it came out but bugs stopped me.

I tried to go back to it some time later to see if bugs were fixed but couldn’t even get it to run.

So for the small sum of 6 bucks I’ll definitely give it another try.

YES!! Great game.

Last time I tried it on Windows 10 I had very few problems getting it running. For some reason I didn't even have to reprocess the town video overlays like I used to in Windows 7.

Edit: So... I guess in that respect I don't need the GOG version; especially given that some people are having a mouse lag problem on Windows 10. But given this is one of the games I always wished they'd added, they deserve my monetary support.

Last edited:
I never quite got into this back in the day. Maybe nows the time to give Wizardy 7.5 another shot. Broken masterpiece its always been said here.

There's lots of reports though the mouse lags in Windows 10. Can anyone confirm this or know of a solution?

I just tried the GOG version, and as some people have been reporting, there is a mouse problem. Unless you move the mouse quickly, the mouse doesn't move very fast at all. Disappointing.

There are no mouse options that I can find. I tried changing the renderer to Software, which doesn't help.
Looking for a solution, but it's disappointing to have to do so - what's the point of buying another version of it if these things aren't done for you? :p

In Bethesda Games (Obsidian / Fallout 3) this was related to V-Sync. Maybe you can check and enforce it to be deactivated in the graphics drivers.

In Bethesda Games (Obsidian / Fallout 3) this was related to V-Sync. Maybe you can check and enforce it to be deactivated in the graphics drivers.
Just tried that, didn't work ( thanks anyway!)

The problem seems to be only around controls/buttons etc. Makes menus a real pain. Navigating around outside towns is okay, until you have to click on an action or whatever.

Someone mentioned using a Steam Controller without issue. Can the Steam Controller be remapped to a mouse?

Oh cool - very exciting! It wa a few years ago I was down to aa single laptop that I could get this to work, and only played a few hours my last run. Looking forward to playing this again!

Fixed?

I turned my Logitech mouse's polling rate down to 125Hz (from 1000Hz) and it seems to have almost totally mitigated the problem. I used the Logitech software - the option seems to be missing from Windows 10.

I can confirm that they didn't even fix the town avis and masks.

At the beginning of the game I couldn't exit from the right-hand gate of the starting town (the one to the Graveyard) or select a couple of the buildings (e.g. the Town Hall). Post processing the avis, I can.

They've just shoved it out with at best a D3D fix from dgVoodoo.

That's disappointing. I'll definitely be waiting now to see what they do to correct those issues.

Did they not playtest it at all? Hard to believe they were that lazy about it.

Well well... Here I was thinking CDPR were serious about doing these releases the right way :)

Aren't they all about the consumer? ;)

Do they have the option of fixing those things ? My understanding is they will apply known mods and wrappers for system compatibility but they can't actually change the game itself in most cases.... So don't you think you are being a bit nasty towards cdpr ?

Back
Top Bottom