Kingmaker - Beneath the Stolen Lands Delayed

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Kingmaker's last DLC Beneath the Stolen Lands has been delayed by a month.

<blockquote class="postcontent restore "> "Beneath the Stolen Lands" DLC Delayed

Dear Pathfinders,

Not every day brings good news, and, unfortunately, today is one of those other days. We regret to inform you that, after much consideration, we've decided to postpone the release of our 3rd DLC, "Beneath The Stolen Lands", by around a month.

Multiple factors have influenced this decision. We don't have much experience with procedurally generated dungeons, and the game's engine wasn't originally built to support such content. Our goal - to make the DLC endlessly repeatable -demands that we hit a high standard of replayability, and that puts additional pressure on our game designers. Last but not least, we feel that we need to make more time for testing and quality assurance.

All in all, this is a rather ambitious project for us, and we want to make sure we deliver an experience that is worthy of our players' attention. We sincerely apologize for this delay, and we hope that you understand our reasons.

To soften the blow and share our progress with you, here's a little sneak peek inside the mysterious underground dungeon we've been building all this time. We hope you like what you see!

Sincerely,

Owlcats.

You can see the revealed screenshots by the link: https://steamcommunity.com/gid/10358...46286024220422[/quote] Thanks purpleblob!

More information.

There be bears in the dungeon?? (Screenshot 3)

I'm of course again sidetracked by XCOM2, but plan to return to my Kingmaker campaign shortly. These 2 DLCs that have been added-- they don't require restarts, do they?
No but I would say it depends on where your at in your current play-through.

As Wildcards adds a new companion & Varnhold's Lot is played separately, but your decisions are imported into your current game after you finish that small campaign.

There be bears in the dungeon?? (Screenshot 3)

joxer's worst nightmare :lol:

I'm of course again sidetracked by XCOM2, but plan to return to my Kingmaker campaign shortly. These 2 DLCs that have been added-- they don't require restarts, do they?

First DLC (The Wildcards) adds new companion(s) - you don't need to restart the game, but I think it's better if you are still not too far into the game (during the chapter 2 is the perfect time, probably best before the chapter 5).

Second DLC (Varnhold's Lot) consists of two parts - new game portion which can be imported into the main game. If you are playing new portion only, it doesn't affect the main game so you can play it anytime you want but I'd recommend this after you finish main game at least once (it makes more sense and I think it also boosts the fun factor). If you don't want to replay the main game, then play the new game portion ASAP then import it before you are far into the game (again, similar deal with first DLC, the best time will be before the chapter 3 probably best before the chapter 5).

Third DLC (Beneath the Stolen Lands) is procedurally generated dungeons, apparently can be played as a stand alone or can be accessed in the main game. Not sure how this will work.

Let's say I only want to play this game once and I'm a completionist (I know I won't be able to do all quests because of branching though).

Should I play Varnhold's Lot before the main playthrough? Is there a tutorial in the game or is it incorporated in the main campaign? I fear losing the tutorial by beginning with Varnhold's Lot.

Let's say I only want to play this game once and I'm a completionist (I know I won't be able to do all quests because of branching though).

Should I play Varnhold's Lot before the main playthrough? Is there a tutorial in the game or is it incorporated in the main campaign? I fear losing the tutorial by beginning with Varnhold's Lot.
I didn't know myself and noone said it so I'll say.
Yes and no. A RPGs newbie should play Varnhold's Lot after passing the main game's tutorial. A cookbook recipe: after clearing the second curse main quest, save the main game then go for V's Lot DLC.
RPG veteran can and should play V's Lot before touching the main game.

How can you know who's RPG amateur and who experienced? If someone understands 4d6+2 means 4-26, that's not a newb. ;)
Both DLCs are optional and IMO of low quality. You'll miss one irrelevant kingdom assistant if you don't play the first DLC and you'll miss an superb ranged weapon loot if you don't play the second DLC. In other words, you won't lose anything by don't buying them, neither is TW3like epic expansion. So don't wait, play the game.
joxer's worst nightmare :lol:
This game made me panicking more when I see timers. See, bears didn't cause what timers in P:K did to me - I grew some gray hair.

LOL sorry, yes you're correct, I admit my amateurism (and typos :p).

Thanks joxer! Good to know then, I will start with Varnhold's Lot.

But I will wait until all content is released as not only am I a completionist, I never play a game twice and like my games fully patched and as bug free as possible.

I'm in the same straights, when I put this game on the shelf back in October I swore I wouldn't return until all content was available and the entire game is fully patched. I'm sticking to my guns.

Thanks joxer! Good to know then, I will start with Varnhold's Lot.

But I will wait until all content is released as not only am I a completionist, I never play a game twice and like my games fully patched and as bug free as possible.

Glad to hear you are going to pick up Kingmaker! :) I'm sure you will enjoy it :D

Procedurally-generated dungeons? Ah, no thanks. I've had enough NetHack for one lifetime.

Glad to hear you are going to pick up Kingmaker! :) I'm sure you will enjoy it :D

Nice! After the patches, I'm sure it's a pretty solid game now. I bet I'll have a good time. Just a matter of waiting until it's content complete (DLCs) now, just the same for Kingdom Come here. :thumbsup:

It should be noted that I didn't 'put Kingmaker to the side' for any reason the game gave me-- it's great! But I sold my house, quit my job and have been traveling the country in an RV. As a result, my gaming rig has been... downgraded.

Steam says I'm 34 hours in, but most of that is restarts to found a suitable character to play. Story-wise, I'm just after I get the castle, so probably only the first couple of chapters? Sounds like the DLC/patches have made it even better when I get back to it.

It should be noted that I didn't 'put Kingmaker to the side' for any reason the game gave me-- it's great! But I sold my house, quit my job and have been traveling the country in an RV. As a result, my gaming rig has been… downgraded.
My guess is you sold your PC for a gaming laptop then?

Wait, someone quit their job to have time for something that isn't gaming?
I see no logic in that.

My guess is you sold your PC for a gaming laptop then?

PC's stored. I pulled the 1080gtx, put it in an external box and am running games via Thunderbolt from my little laptop to an external display. It's a smaller screen than what I had, which makes a game like Kingmaker challenging when my sprite party is so tiny. ;)

And yes, I have traveled quite a bit over the last few months, but have landed in the San Juan Islands area of Washington (breathtaking place!) where I'm now actively searching for a new career.

Back
Top Bottom