NHL playoff contest

Ah, we just get Fox Sports 1-3 and Fox Sports News!! They show Hockey games from any of their regional networks I guess to us 'foreigners'!! :) I wish I could get TSN, instead of ESPN!!!!

just sos you know Corwin. TSN (The Sports Network not to be confused with the heavy baseball coverage The Sporting News) calls themselves

Canada's Sport's Leader.

in Canada, we call it the Toronto Sports Network.

So while Vancouver, Ottawa, and Calgary are all fighting hard for the next round of the playoffs don't be surprised to see a 15 minute review of the Maple Leafs season and how great there players are followed by yet another interview with Wendel Clarke.

You'd be better off with Sportsnet

edit: Corwin I found something

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stanleycup2007/streams/

Pittsburgh Ottawa live tomorrow followed by Vancouver Dallas. All times Eastern I think so for you that's like +20?

Just as a warning I'm not sure if it will play outside a known Canadian hop. TSN.ca managed to block the World Juniors from me and I hadn't had time to try and spoof a Canadian IP.

Last edited:
They don't broadcast outside of Canada and I wouldn't know how to convince them my IP was Canadian, since it obviously isn't!! :) Hey, don't knock Toronto, I grew up there!!!! :biggrin:

I ended up in Michigan on business last night, so I actually got to see the Wings game. Since I had the decency to stay up until 1am, you'd think they would have had the decency to win. :furious: It's painful to admit, but the Flamers deserved to win that game. They were helped by a few phantom penalties, but they wanted it more than the Wings last night.

Just watched the game myself here; Fox had it on this morning (obviously a very delayed telecast). I enjoyed it!! :) What phantom penalties!! :biggrin:

All of us geniuses who predicted Thrashers..heh

first team eliminated

NY Rangers have swept the Atlanta Thrasher 4 games to none. It just goes to show that all offense doesn't work in the playoffs.

Speaking of Defense..Canucks tomorrow night seek to eliminate the equally stodgy Dallas Stars. The 2-1 score is not in any doubt. The big question is how many Overtimes it will go.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o258/Bargain_Junkie/turchoke.jpg

That was the first playoff appearance for the Thrash, wasn't it? Hard to do well in your first attempt, particularly when your seed is artificially inflated (not that I disagree with the structure, but it is what it is).

[/quote]but it is what it is[/quote]

hey its Todd Bertuzzi.

hmm..I think you are right. how long has Atlanta been in the league? And I don't mean the Flames.

After a fact checking mission, Atlanta was in their first playoffs since their inception in 1999.

As for Goontuzzi, the Wings desperately needed what he brings to the table, but I can't say I'm thrilled with all the baggage he brings. That said, I scream like a school girl when he drives the net. Wings fans haven't had that sort of thing to cheer for since Gordie Howe, give or take a few years...

dteowner, what part of Michigan were you in? It's ironic because I'm actually in Florida right now visiting relatives and I don't know if I'll be able to watch the Wings game tonight.

I was visiting a machine builder in Jackson, MI. Got to see the game on Fox Sports Detroit. Tonight's game is being shown on Versus (formerly OLN) if you're lucky enough to get that network. Being in Florida, you will get Fox Sports Southeast or some such.

Come on Flames and kick some RW butt!! :)

Easy does it, old man. Don't make me point out the Canadian teams that are already playing golf, starting with a certain leafy sweater.

Well, 5 series decided, with NJ and Van in the driver's seat. Only the Wings series remains completely up in the air.

Once again the Flames can only win at home and only the heroics of Kiprusoff is saving them. Mind you Iginla decided to finally show up.

Since Wings have home ice advantage

On a side note:

Ratings for the playoffs this year are some of the worst US ratings ever. NBC Poker tournament last weekend got more ratings than some of their playoff games.
They are worse than last year even. It doesn't appear NBC will show any more games until the finals now. NBC has some sort of Profit Sharing arrangement with the NHL.

Versus is getting ratings in the 100's of 1000's and sometimes barely that. The Dallas Vancouver OT game the other night peaked at 82 000 viewers in Dallas in the 4th period after starting at 42k.

Losing Sidney Crosby and the Pens has not helped. Many of the games that the NHL has scheduled earlier to get better TV coverage in the States is now going back to their primetime Canadian times (ie the Western games).

On an upside for the NHL the Rangers have made it to the next round so there are still three NY teams playing.

And one last note, Let's finish them off you stupid Canucks.

Hockey has one problem; the puck is too small!! It's very difficult to see on TV, and dare I say it, it's too fast for most viewers!!!! Go Flames!! :) (My brother lives in Calgary!!)

I've never had to bother about losing sight of the puck. That's because I'm watching the play.

One day I'll get HD. I've heard it looks incredible with all the width.

So, after the thuggery they pulled last night, are you still a Flamer fan, Corwin?

I've heard with HD you can see the snow when guys stop (normal stops, not just when they give the goalie a snow job).

I have HD but I didn't watch the game on a TV big enough to see ice. Maybe the next one I will watch on the big set and see if that is true.
Now as for the game. It was really great until half the Flame team lost their minds. I don't get why any of them did what they did. The wings outplayed them, roughed up the goalie a little, but it seemed to me Calgary totally lost it. Why would a player on a team still deep in the hunt do stuff that they know will end up in suspension? Stupid.......not to mention dangerous.......not to mention it is not hockey. The cross checks were bad enough but the gut slash was unbelievable.
They sure took the fun out of watching shorthanded goals, a penalty shot, and the great defense. :(

For those that might not have heard:
McClennan gets 5 game suspension (big deal... :( )
Playfair (Cal coach) gets $25k fine
Flames team gets $100k fine

Lebda gets a concussion from Langkow's sucker punch
Langkow gets a free pass

Schneider gets a butt-end from Iginla
Iginla gets a free pass

Load of crap, BUT......
WINGS WINGS WINGS!!! Mule gets one in double OT. Buh-bye, Flamers!

Back
Top Bottom