Skyrim Skyrim VR

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Ripper

Зичу Вам успіхів
Those two words in the same sentence = vomit

Have a day off, Luj.

Is this the reason Chien talked about 1500€ in the other thread?
Well.. Either all sorts of kinky VR sex or I'm not buying the toy for it's current price.

I'm not convinced by VR (although I haven't tried it yet either). I guess this might be a reason to give it a go. I can't imagine all the menus are going to work well though.
They're also doing DOOM (albeit not the full game, which I imagine would have crazy in VR, but some kind of new version) and Fallout 4. I'm interested, I guess, but not sure I need VR in my life really.

I'd say the menus and interface will require a lot of work, and we'll see how they do it with Fallout 4 VR. I was pleased to hear that Beth are planning on implementing several modes of motion, to accommodate different preferences. Initially it looked like all motion would be done by teleporting from one spot to the next, as they do in many VR games, to avoid risk of motion sickness. I wouldn't enjoy that very much, and many people can cope with normal FPS motion, so it's great to have the choice of free movement. I'm going to give it a go with one of those foot rudder controllers, which some have found to overcome balance distortions.

I think VR Skyrim could be pretty fun.

The interface is pretty easy to do, really. You just replace the mouse with your hands. More than likely, you're going to actually wear the pipboy on your arm in VR - and use your right hand to push buttons like you would with the mouse. Pretty intuitive, I'd say.

Exactly. Hands instead of the mouse, floating menu.

As shown in the old (cult classic?) video a fan made before VR version was even an idea:

Good video. :)
Has anyone played VR yet? Would the HUD information ruin the effect? I guess you could always just fade it when not in use.

Good video. :)
Has anyone played VR yet? Would the HUD information ruin the effect? I guess you could always just fade it when not in use.

I'm not sure what you're asking about the HUD?

I've played VR :)

Like health and stamina bars that hang around on the screen while you're walking around.

Like health and stamina bars that hang around on the screen while you're walking around.

That would be exactly the same experience as in non-VR. Meaning, it's no more or less intrusive.

Think of it as a Helmet HUD :)

I've tried VR, but not in a game that actually had those things. No idea how such information will be presented. Good question.

Edit: I've never tried a VR game that had any kind of interface actually. It was all sacrificed in order to make it seem as real as possible.

Back
Top Bottom