The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Please keep in mind that the "Egg Search" is only until the 18. of this month.

- The Phiarlan music maker from the guild ship is gone. Was this intentional or a mistake ?

- I have seen I think a Flesh Render on the Kundarak market place a few days ago. Is this normal ? I thought that summons like that weren't allowed in public areas ?

And I couldn't find any "summon monster" spell that could summon it, either. Or am I overlooking something ?

Attachments

• Flesh Render on Kundarak place.jpg
    Flesh Render on Kundarak place.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 52
The guild ship dude is back. I also put time on most of the other stuff. I think there's 3 weeks or more on everything now, but I was kinda in a hurry so I might have missed something.

Attempted to solo Rainbow on normal with Wouldii. What a disaster. Had about 90 minutes and still ran out of time (had to play taxi), forced to recall out and quit. Had to buy 2 efreeti repair shops, 2 cakes, and a gold seal healer, and still didn't complete. Part of it was my fault--didn't remember the quest real well, and my normal healer got himself killed by an elemental ambush trap early on when the wall came up between us. Ran out of arrows using manyshot, too. That said, the rusties trashed me even though they did very little damage. Would have been nice to have a trap monkey, too. Didn't get a single chest for my trouble, so it was a complete toilet flush. Oh well, live and learn.

I've got parental units coming in 2 weeks, so I'll be out then. Good news is that the cheerleader's Friday practice got cancelled, so no taxi run for me this week.

I said ask and I'd be glad to help. Looks like we're down one this week anyway, so we might hit the high levels and obliterate Rainbow with a vengeance. It's not an easy quest if you don't know it or have means to knock out the rusties quickly and at range. I suggest we throw a Warforged Paladin at them, and run by while they're snacking. ;)

Nobody was on when I ran it (6:15-7:45). No worries.

I'm on this week, but using dial-up. I'll also be MIA in 2 weeks time. Rainbow has TOO much jumping IIRC!!

I expect us to reach level 54 this weekend (if it hasn't been reached already). There is really not much missing there anymore.

If I can't or won't do quests with you then I'll try the "Partycrashers" for the second time. I have assembled several items now which can give me boni (bonusses) in social interaction - and that's what is needed in a part there.

The wiki says :

Bard/Sorcerer (linked by Charisma)
Paladin/Sorcerer (linked by Charisma)

is this true ? Because I want to take a charisma-heavy hireling into that quest, too.

Err, can hirelings talk to NPCs ? Hm, I've never heard about that …

Is there any other way I can buff my hero's Charisma part from the Guild Ship Shrine ?
And items, of course.

Tomes will boost your stat but those cost and drop rarely. I don't know if a potion with the ship would stack. I doubt it but I am no pro on the game stuff to be honest. I rely on reading while ingame and then it goes out the other side as they say. ;)

I should have said this earlier today but I will be there...not sure on the time....but I will jump on early as usual. Tell you what happened last week when we skype.

My, whas that a chore !

Well, in principle, "Partycrashers" is a very interesting quest. Lots of variety.

What makes it a chore, however, are the long paths. Mucho of running back and forth - to and fro. Being there and back again, so to say.

The quest was a success, however, although I had faild at all of the bluff checks. The diplomacy checks, however, were successful, because had invested a few points in them at some distant points in the past (which I can't remember anymore).

The enemies were difficult. That was *normal* difficulty ! The most difficult boss was really hard to defeat - and that with level 10 ! on "normal" difficulty ! - Without the Cleric hireling (yes, you guessed it : it was Flower again ! ;) ) my Ranger would have died "a thousand deaths" or so … For a level 5 character (this quest is indeed aimed at level 5), this boss would be totally deadly, I guess …

I could not find the slightest amount of logic within the Stage riddle. i had to look it up on th Wiki. Honestly. Thank God my game client didn't crash afterwards as it often happens when I open up the Firefox browser for a small research in the middle of a quest).

The rewards & the loot was mixed. Not as good as I had hoped it to be. The rewards and the loot from my previous attempt (which I had to give up at one point - I wrote about it here several weeks ago) was much better. But, okay, the items weren't that bad. I was just too tired to acknowledge them to their full extend *sighs* - it was a quarter to 4 in the morning here when I quit. Kudos to Peter Stauffenberg who manages to get throuh these quests all of the ime espite living in the same time zone than me. I couldn't do it, except when I was sleeping for one or two hours in the afternoon here. Maybe I'm a bit too sensitive for that.

An last : The "resting room" made me laugh. I have never seen such a … resting room with these … "items" there before … ;)
I mean the "instant rest" & "instant resurrect" lavatory shrines - one flush, and you feel better than before ! ;)

Ah, and another note : I had hired a level 2 sorcerer or wizard hireling for this quest. Because he had "diplomacy" as a skill. He was of no use for me, however, because hirelings cannot talk to NPCs, I found out. D'oh !

Last edited:
Well, originally I had planned to buy a new "Points Card" next month, but I decided that this discount was just too good to be neglected ... I went and bought that new points card. Now I'm a proud owner of the Sorrowdusk, Necropolis 1 and 3-Barrel-Cove packs. :)

I like S'Dusk, and hate the Necro series. However, I run Necro all the time because of the massive XP it gives for several of the quests. 3 Barrel is a mixed bag. OK the first time, but challenging to solo.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom