Divinity 2 Starting a Ranger

Undying Reaver

Traveler
Hey guys just finished the game off with a Warrior class most points entirely in strength and vitality with skills on life leech/Regenerate/Bleed and decimated most things.
i was thinking about starting a Ranger bow and arrow mostly, i was just wondering if you could help me by suggesting what would be the best skill choices and what are the most important stats to pump points into.

Much Love :p

I'm doing a melee playthrough atm, but I started with a poison/split shot ranger for about 11 levels. Meh, it was definitely more challenging, but not in a good way. Was kinda boring actually. The poison arrow didn't seem to scale very well, but might be ridiculous post dragon keep at skill level 10. I'd mix it up with a pet, an AoE magic skill, or just go hybrid ranged/melee with more emphasis on range.

Other rangers and mages will cut you to pieces without some kind of big damage skill to complement the bow.

thanks for the advice :), what stats are the best to put points into?

Max out Ranger Strength, Way of the Ranger and Explosive Arrow. Also put one point in Evasion.

Beyond that, do whatever you like, such as combining it with healing or summoning spells, melee abilities, etc. It's also possible to put a few more points in the Ranger tree, such as Splitting Arrows and so on.

thanks very much and what stats are vital, like i know dexterity is a big plus, do i spread that out with Intelligence/spirit or vitality ect? thanks again :)

Hmm, I honestly don't remember, I think I put the majority in dex, then added a little vitality. If you want, I can always check my Ranger savegame to see his final stat allocation?

Okay, just checked the savegame. In terms of skills, I put skill points exactly where I said, plus quite a few in Summon Ghost (their healing is pretty good on higher levels, though hardly needed most of the time), 1 point in Healing, 5/5 in Mana Efficiency (to make it possible to spam Explosive Arrow) and 5/5 Lockpick.

Of course, many of these points can be spent depending on preference and style of play. Ranger Strength, Explosive Arrow and Way of the Ranger is a must for a ranged character, however.

I ended the game with the following stats:
Vitality - 40
Spirit - 25
Strength - 35
Dexterity - 80
Intelligence - 25

Seems I pretty much pumped Dex + some Vitality from time to time. No idea why my Strength is at 35, perhaps gear requirement? Either that or maybe my ranged damage reached the point where I felt my Dex didn't need any further boosting. I'm not sure to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom