Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous - Preload Day!

Redglyph

proud GASP member
Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous can be preloaded on GOG and Steam!

Hey! It's the preload day!

Hello crusaders!

We have exciting news for you today! First of all, we want to show you our launch trailer!

But that's not all --

It's time to preload!

That's right! Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is available for preload now! If you pre-ordered the game on Steam, GOG or Epic Games Store, you can already start downloading the game.

If you backed the game on Kickstarter or pre-ordered on our site, please log into your account using the same email you used on Kickstarter when you backed the game, go to your Digital Download tab, select your favourite platform (Steam, GOG or Epic Games Store) and get your key. Then activate your key in the store you've selected, and start downloading the game!

To activate your code in Steam, follow this link.
To find out how to redeem your code in GOG, please read this guide.
To redeem your code in Epic Games Store, please log into your EGS account, then follow this link and activate your code.

You will be able to play Wrath of the Righteous on the 2nd of September, starting from 19:00 MSK / 18:00 CEST / 12 P.M. EDT / 9 A.M. PDT. A Day One patch will also become available at that moment.

If you are having issues with obtaining your key on our site, please write us to team@owlcatgames.com, and we will help you! Keep in mind though that we are getting a lot of emails right now, and it may take some time for us to respond to everyone.

To arms!
More information.

Well...that's a bummer. Entered my newly minted steam product code, and steam says its already been activated. I did have an alpha code I won here, but that shouldn't interfere. I am going away until Saturday so hoping they will reply to my email by then ...

Well…that's a bummer. Entered my newly minted steam product code, and steam says its already been activated. I did have an alpha code I won here, but that shouldn't interfere. I am going away until Saturday so hoping they will reply to my email by then …

I had an alpha and beta activation. I did uninstall the alpha/beta test version since no need to have it with the full game a few days away and did that first as I didn't want any mix ups.

I then went to my kickstarter account with them and had to get my Steam code from there and had to be sure I selected steam (versus GOG or EPIC since I did this through steam).

I then went to Steam and activated the account and from there (following the directions from the kickstarter owlcat page) I was able to preload the game - which just finished.

I came here to let people know they could preload but see someone beat me to it.

Sorry you ran into trouble though!

I chose GOG, even if the sync was quite slow with Kingmaker. I don't want to be forced to update.

What's strange though, it shows two versions, one that can be downloaded now (core edition for publisher), and one that can be downloaded on September 2nd (core edition). I suppose they use the same system for preloading the game as their pre-build version for the press.

If someone selects the GOG version, let me know if you see the same.

Way too expensive for me compared to kingmaker, will wait to 75% off in 3-4 years lol

Nod, I'll also be waiting on a sale, and of course my earlier experience with the prior game is also a huge factor. Yet I do know that, at some point, I will be playing this!

@booboo; I just saw this on the Discord:
Some people are currently getting "Your key is already used" error when trying to redeem their keys on Steam and GOG. It is a known issue and it is being worked on.

As a workaround, try to refresh the key claim page, in some cases it may yield you the correct key. If it didn't happen, send an e-mail with the incorrect key to team@owlcatgames.com from the e-mail you use on the backer portal. We will help you as soon as possible.

Always go with the GOG version and never play Early Access that's the lesson here.:cool:

I chose GOG, even if the sync was quite slow with Kingmaker. I don't want to be forced to update.

What's strange though, it shows two versions, one that can be downloaded now (core edition for publisher), and one that can be downloaded on September 2nd (core edition). I suppose they use the same system for preloading the game as their pre-build version for the press.

If someone selects the GOG version, let me know if you see the same.
Same here. But one of them downloaded and installed fine, so I guess I'll be able to play on release.

Way too expensive for me compared to kingmaker, will wait to 75% off in 3-4 years lol
Well, I "bought" it for $28 about 1.5 years ago ;)

Yep backing the game on Kickstarter always gets you the best price. As you usually have to wait for a future sale years down the road to get it for a cheaper price.:)

We'll let you know when it's safe ;)
Your to soft on him as I always get at least five posts criticizing me about mentioning bugs. Anyway what is your opinion about the bugs right now? I know you played EA.

The last act also wasn't released in EA is I remember as well.

I need this. Besides KB2 I have no rpg to play at the moment.

Anyway what is your opinion about the bugs right now?
A reliable source suggested to me that it would be better to wait a few days before playing.

A reliable source suggested to me that it would be better to wait a few days before playing.
Ha funny but I was asking about the EA version not the main release.:biggrin:

Kingmaker was a mess before and after it's initial release. It took years of patches and an enhanced edition to fix most of them. Hopefully Wrath of the Righteous doesn't.

For reference Redglyph is my main source of news since PB left. Also I remember him mentioning the huge list of bugs in the last act, but most were fixed supposedly.

I am pre-loading now. At just past 11pm in the West USA. And yes, I'm excited.
Very excited, the game looks fabulous so far in previews.

Look, I am fully aware that there will very likely be bugs and maybe even a lot of bugs in this game come launch day.

I usually am the type of gamer who buys games years after they have been fully polished and patched. But that said, for this game, I'm making an exception.

But only in that I will not be playing it in a full campaign, but just want to get "a taste" of the game. Like what the mythic paths are and how good the combat is against the demons, and the new improved graphics, and especially the dismemberment mechanic. That sounds very cool to me, always wondered why they didn't have more gore effects in these games. And besides that, just all the new features such as in this preview:

"Owlcat is clearly listening to players of Kingmaker by implementing many features requested by fans into Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. The camera is no longer stuck in a fixed position, allowing players to rotate around the isometric 3D environment. Companions are now set to auto-level alongside the player (ok -- that is one I will turn off right away! -- my comment), which creates less time spent in menus, and animal companions can be mounted for a quicker traversal of the world. Combat has also been revamped with the option to switch between real-time or turn-based at any moment, an addition that the definitive edition of Kingmaker added."

I will try out some of the Mythic Paths and see what the new classes are like too. And also interested to see what the new companions are like. Anyway,will probably just play it several times in terms of the first act or something, and then start over for more experimenting. But won't do a full "serious" play-through until many months have past, and its patched and polished up to a reasonable degree.

Back
Top Bottom