Diablo 4 - New Screenshots and Video

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports on some new screenshots and videos for Diablo 4. More videos can be found at the link.

The gameplay videos showcase some environments, like the Scosglen Coast area, the Orbei Monastery, Kyovashad Night and Flooded Depths.

From what we know so far, Diablo IV will be an always-online game, and will not offer an offline mode. We also don't know whether Blizzard will allow modders to enable an unofficial offline mode or not.

The game will also have cosmetic micro-transactions. Additionally, Blizzard is looking into enabling cross-play support between all platforms.

[...]

[...]
More information.

In before the usual people comment about how they won't touch this because it doesn't have an offline mode. ;)

I'm kind of excited for this. It looks pretty great. And I'm excited about that end-game system they're working on (paragon board) as it seems to be a more streamline version of the "endless" passive tree from Path of Exile. I hope they manage to pull it off, and not can it if it becomes too hard to manage.

I'm kind of excited for this. It looks pretty great.

I'm not a huge fan of the series, but this does look good at least from a visual standpoint. I liked how dark and oppressive the original game felt, and I was disappointed by the much softer and brighter aesthetic of Diablo III.

From what I've seen, D4 looks like they're going back to the series roots in terms of art style and atmosphere.

In before the usual people comment about how they won't touch this because it doesn't have an offline mode. ;)
In before the usual people comment about how they won't touch this because microtransactions, and that means before myself.

Damn, fragonard beat me to it. :'(

I will very much touch this game.

Kind of hyped, even!

And looking gorgeous so far. I just hope they focus on the gameplay and provide entertaining and enduring endgame.

I will play this without even having to buy it....on gamepass:)

Looks like a weak Diablo clone to me. Diablo doesn't need fancy graphics - never been about that. News about games that won't be out forever is pretty much butt useless anyways, especially with bliz - could end up as pixel art by the time it releases.

I'll pirate the Switch version that wont need an online account to play.:cool:

Other members beat me to this comment though so bravo good sirs.:sarcasm:

Now if only this developer could make a new IP after thirty years.:brood:

They did make one completely new thing in the 21st century…Overwatch. :lol: They're really just a money-farming factory at this point.

I'll pirate the Switch version that wont need an online account to play.:cool:

Other members beat me to this comment though so bravo good sirs.:sarcasm:

Apparently they do have something coming in a survival game.

Cool environments, To bad it's Diablo…

as a long time fan of the genre/series since i saw d4 going to have mmo elements (idk how intrusive yet) i had the feeling that this game is doomed. It is in my book.

I liked how dark and oppressive the original game felt, and I was disappointed by the much softer and brighter aesthetic of Diablo III.

From what I've seen, D4 looks like they're going back to the series roots in terms of art style and atmosphere.
Indeed. All they need is a Tristram theme and I'm in.

Played Diablo for years single player and lan with friend. played diablo 2 first day out.
Never even tried to play Diablo 3.
Probably the same will be with Diablo 4.

Looks like a weak Diablo clone to me. Diablo doesn't need fancy graphics - never been about that. ......

Showcasing graphics and not looking under the hood makes me nervous.

I would also hope they release D4 after the purchase of Acti-Blizzard is done. Then maybe there is a chance they could also release it on Steam and other platforms?

It will be on steam most likely and gamepass pc and xbox.

Until they get rid of the game mechanic which requires me to play the same game over 7 times in order to reach a difficulty that's challenging I'll have to pass.

Back
Top Bottom