Sons of Valhalla - Announced

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
2D Side Scroller Strategy/RPG game Sons of Valhalla has been announced.

What is Sons of Valhalla?

Sons of Valhalla is a side-scrolling base-building strategy game that catapults you into the Viking Age.

Story

You slip into the role of Thorald Olavson as he leaves for England to save the love of his life. When Thorald's village is burned down and his love captured by Valgard, a Viking Jarl, Thorald swears revenge.

Gameplay

Sons of Valhalla challenges you to play the role of both builder and destroyer in your quest across England. You will develop and fortify settlements, while raiding villages and laying siege to enemy strongholds.

Longboats filled with warriors and great siege weapons will be at your command, but you will also have to rely on your personal skill with the sword to overcome the many enemies in your path.

siege_steam.gif

You will explore a beautiful pixel-art recreation of Viking Age Britain, as days turn to nights, sunshine to storms.

daynight_steam.gif

weather_steam.gif
More information.

Nice music in the trailer. Sounds a lot like the OST from King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Wish I could be excited but this type of game has been overdone lately. I'm not talking about the setting but the 2D side stroller mechanic. Must be popular or cheap.

Love the art style….but I’ve never been able to get into side scrollers. I am curious how you “quest across England” in a side scroller though. Is there an overworld map or location levels or something?

Back
Top Bottom