Gaming BS of the week

I'd definitely wager on Amazon having paid for coverage of New World. Even they must be feeling some shame about their gaming embarrassments by now. I'm sure they were doing it with Lumberyard too - you'd see a sudden spate of puff pieces by people who clearly weren't really familiar with it.

Lemme revive this thread a bit.

Today, PC Gamer, why, oh why I had to visit it after weeks of ignoring their mmo/phone obsession:
pic.jpg

Paid shills?

Definitely. They're also paying about every Streamer with viewers that could be remotely interested on MMO's to promote their game. After all, Twitch is their platform too. Can't watch any stream these days without getting shoved in the face the dull and uninspiring piece of mediocrity that New World is.

And despite that (or probably because of that), they may end up making a lot of money out of it.

Tired faces in ME4, awkward faces in ELEX2 alpha…
Why are only RPGs victims of that?

Konami decided it's time to change it.
They decided to say goodbye to PES and introduce free2play bs called eFootball.
The result is such a disaster even sports sites couldn't pretend this horror doesn't exist, here's one:
https://www.marca.com/en/more-sports/2021/09/30/6155ea6246163f437e8b4568.html
The first reactions to the launch of eFootball 2022 are in, and they aren't happy ones.

One of the major points of criticism is how in-game players do not look like their real life counterparts, almost looking like memes in some cases.

16330007449483.jpg

This must be a conspiracy, right? You want to check the game yourself?
Okay, please do:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1665460/eFootball_2022/

It has 9% positive reviews. I don't think I've ever seen any single digit % on a Steam game before.

That's just atrocious.

Lol. Those will be memes very, very soon.

Crysis Remastered Trilogy Review Guidelines Leaked?
A post on VideoCardz.com is based on a video from Joker Productions that claims to show the review guidelines Crytek is providing with review copies of the Crysis Remastered Trilogy. This is unconfirmed, but presuming it's legitimate, it offers a rare glimpse behind the curtain of how companies can try and control the narrative of game reviews. It also gives a sense of what Crytek feels are the strengths and weaknesses of the rerelease.

Do's:
  • Do highlight that Crysis Remastered Trilogy is a great value all in one bundle for $49.99 / £49.99 / €49.99
  • That players can buy the games separately if they already own the first game (Crysis Remastered)
  • Highlight that the game play up to 4K 60fps on next gen consoles
  • These are all single player games (no multiplayer)
  • Talk about that this game is optimised for current and next gen consoles and plays smoothly and looks better than ever
  • Good graphics and performance

Don'ts:

• Oversell the game on graphics
  • Don't talk about "hardware breaking graphics/software"
  • Say that Ray Tracing is available on consoles
  • Multiplayer
  • Mention Warhead as this isn't in the Trilogy
  • Mention that it's a "Remake" as it's a Remastered version of the games
  • AI upgrades
  • Quality of life improvements

According to gaming news site PC Games, it is possible to steal everything from new characters in Star Citizen : https://www.pcgames.de/Star-Citizen...Mitspieler-eine-Ueberdosis-verpassen-1381900/

Mit dem letzten Update für Star Citizen haben die Macher von Cloud Imperium Games nicht nur ein neues Inventar, sondern auch eine Mechanik eingeführt, mit der ihr nun eure Gegenstände verliert, wenn ihr im Spiel ums Leben kommt. Mitspieler im Umfeld haben daraufhin die Gelegenheit, all eure Items, die ihr an euch getragen habt, zu klauen und in die eigene Tasche zu stecken. Dieses Update sorgt nun jedoch für kuriose PvP-Szenen, bei denen sich die Spieler mit Heilungsspritzen im Sci-Fi-Titel angreifen.

Eine dieser Situationen hat Reddit-Nutzer "xx-shalo-xx" kürzlich beschrieben. Normalerweise spawnen Spieler in einem geschützten Startbereich, bei dem PvP nicht möglich ist. Diese Regel gilt allerdings nicht für Heilungsspritzen, die User auch in diesem Bereich in andere Mitspieler injizieren können. Das Problem: Spieler können an einer Überdosis in Star Citizen sterben, die durch zu viele Spritzen ausgelöst wird.

Wenn nun also eine Figur mit wertvoller Ausrüstung im Startbereich auftaucht, attackieren andere Spieler diesen Charakter mit den Spritzen, nur um nach der Überdosis all seine Gegenstände aus dem Inventar stehlen zu können - Items für die der Spieler möglicherweise viel Zeit investiert hat, um sie überhaupt erst freizuschalten.

Mittlerweile geben Spieler - bevor sie den öffentlichen Bereich betreten - ihrer Figur eine Anti-Überdosis-Medizin, damit sie nicht zum Opfer dieser Angreifer werden. Allerdings soll auch die Medizin in einigen Fällen nichts bringen, weil bereits zu viele Spieler mit ihren Heilungsspritzen im Startbereich warten. Auf YouTube sind bereits Gameplay-Videos dieser Aktion zu finden.

Machine translated :

With the latest update for Star Citizen, the makers of Cloud Imperium Games have not only introduced a new inventory, but also a mechanic that allows you to lose your items when you die in the game. Other players in the environment then have the opportunity to steal all the items you were carrying and put them in their own pockets. However, this update is now causing curious PvP scenes where players are attacking each other with healing syringes in the sci-fi title.

One of these situations was recently described by Reddit user "xx-shalo-xx". Normally, players spawn in a protected starting area where PvP is not possible. However, this rule does not apply to healing injections, which users can also inject into other teammates in this area. The problem: players can die from an overdose in Star Citizen caused by too many injections.

So now, when a character with valuable equipment shows up in the starting area, other players attack that character with the syringes, only to be able to steal all of his or her items from the inventory after overdosing - items that the player may have invested a lot of time to unlock in the first place.

In the meantime, players - before entering the public area - give their character anti-overdose medicine so that they don't fall victim to these attackers. However, even the medicine is said to be of no use in some cases because there are already too many players waiting in the starting area with their healing syringes. Gameplay videos of this action can already be found on YouTube.

Could GDPR policy erase your games? It happened to an Ubisoft customer

Link - https://www.pcworld.com/article/559218
If you haven’t used your Ubisoft account in a while, there’s a chance the game publisher might nuke your account for being inactive— that’s the reality one gamer said he discovered after stepping away from PC gaming for more than a year.

“In 2020, I sold my PC because I was gaming way too much and it went a bit over the healthy way of doing it. I made a choice to work and attend school,” a Norwegian gamer named Tor, who wished to be identified only by his first name, told PCWorld. He sold off his Core i7 and GeForce GTX 1080 Ti machine, and began relying on his phone as his only piece of technology.

But by the summer of 2021, Tor decided to get back into gaming, so he purchased a new gaming PC, only to discover he was unable to log into his Ubisoft account. Tor told PCWorld he was able to reset the password, but eventually learned the account had been closed, taking several hundred dollars of purchased games with it. All Ubisoft titles from Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege series to Assassins’ Creed and more were gone. But none of the other services he uses had been cut off. Only Ubisoft disappeared, he said.

Ubi officials, however, flatly insist whatever happened in Tor’s case isn’t normal and that it has never deleted any account that hasn’t been logged into in less than four years. The company also says any account that has a purchased game tied to it, would also not be up for closure at all.

Despite what the company says though, Tor insists his account and games are gone.“Ubisoft told me they can’t recover it. It’s deleted, permanently locked,” he said.

Looking through his email account for answers, Tor said he found a single warning of inactivity and eventual account deletion sitting in his spam folder. You can see that email below in its original language and also translated to English.

Back
Top Bottom