Evil Dead the Game

Afaik, it has a single-player mode too. I'm hoping they release a demo for it. Too bad it's only on Epic right now.

Looks like fun. They're appealing to the Left4Dead/Back4Blood/World War Z crowd, and like those I guess you can play solo, but they're a lot more fun with friends.
At the right price, I'll buy it, possibly twice (so I can co-op with my son or a friend).

I have maybe one friend and his brother who are the only nerd gamers like me out of my friends who would co-op, so maybe that's a possibility. Not a multiplayer fan in general and wouldn't play with strangers.

As a fan of the franchise, game does look great with nods to the films etc, but I read the single player isn't the best at the moment. Five levels and some are tough to the point of lacking fun.

Edit: but as you said it's on Epic, so I'd rather my fellows can also get it on Steam...

As a fan of the franchise, game does look great with nods to the films etc, but I read the single player isn't the best at the moment. Five levels and some are tough to the point of lacking fun.
Pity, hopefully it improves (though I'd be getting it mostly for co-op).

I'm a big fan of the movies* (and the recent TV series!) too, so add that to having a heap of fun with games like Left4Dead and World War Z, I'm pretty keen on this.

*I've probably seen Evil Dead 2 more times than any other movie. I bought a VHS of it back in the day and pretty much wore the tape out.

Evil Dead 2 is great but my latest watch had me really disappointed with just how terrible the effects get at the very end. The first and Army of Darkness are preferable for me, but maybe the first half of two is better than those. The series is great, I still have only just watched some of the first season, waiting and anticipating to really have time to take it all in.

The first two films can be tough to watch nowadays especially if you didn't see them back then. AoD has aged considerably better.

Army of Darkness... ugh. I got the DVD and I think I might have actually thrown it away.

Back
Top Bottom