The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

Rem vendor has the forever pots available if any of your toons still need them.

DDO Bonus Days bring you a +40% Challenge Rewards Boost along with a Champion Hunter Week! Get more Challenge Rewards through May 15th, and find items with the Mysterious Remnants Vendor in the Hall of Heroes through May 18th!

This leads me into saying that I always wished to do some challenges with the group. At least, to learn some of their mechanics better. There are a few Cannith and Eveningstar challenges which I can't solo, and I'd like to learn why.

There is another wish I have : To do White Plume Mountain with the group one day in Epics, so that I might perhaps get that Sea Shanty gem one day.
I managed to solo it on casual with an army of Hirelings ( I fear that there was dungeon scaling active, but I don't know ) , and I found it an awful chore.
I still find it such a bad decision to allow sentient gems ofly for end game. I hate that. I would have liked to have them as an immersion tool in early levels. I really do not understand why they did this decision. I fear that they just did not look at the "imnmersion factor" but merely looked at them as tools for inserting filigree for end game. Or, in other words, to support more grind.

Edit : Info from Lamannia :

Teleport items found within expansion packs have been upgraded! These items are now able to teleport you to all destinations that the other teleport items had access to - this means that if you have one of these items, you'll be able to teleport directly to the locations of all of them. You must own the item associated with the location you are attempting to teleport to. This means that, for example, when using the Sharn Boarding Pass, you'll be able to teleport to the Feywild if you own the Feywild Tuning Fork as a part of your account. However, you do not need to have the Tuning fork with you to do this - which means that carrying one of these items is now equivalent to carrying all of them, potentially saving you inventory space. You may also drag these individual locations from the menu onto your hotbars, so if you need to reach a specific destination often, you can activate them from there instead of from your inventory. The following items are affected:
Isle of Dread Treasure Map*
Saltmarsh Compass
Feywild Tuning Fork
Sharn Boarding Pass
Bottle of Mist

Last edited:
Apparingly the Mimic Hunt is now on, according to folks within the forums.

We didn't make much progress last night on our side- 5 of 10 quests. An extensive explorer/rare/slayer run (got Corwin over 750 kills) sucked up a lot of time but got Corwin and Alrik closer to lvl5. Going to be close whether finishing out Saltmarsh will get Corwin to lvl6 or not. Anyway, that's going to make next week a bit problematic. We'll have to keep the same split and I might have the Az/Peter/CM side run epics while we catch up.

I'm planning on us taking advantage of the Saltmarsh saga to go thin on lvl4 content. We'll run Sharn for coin lord favor, maybe finish off Tangles under level, and finally hit Irestone on the way out to 3BC. There are a few bar quests we could pick up, but I'm not officially targeting any of them. Sharn's only good for maybe two ranks, so we'll see where people end up. We've got E/R/S in 3BC that could be run early to push someone thru to toon lvl7 if necessary.

Got my char to level 6 through Cerulean Hills slayer and through doing some of the Korthos quests on elite difficulty - together with a lesser slayer pot & Voice Of The Master.

I especially exploited the fact that in the Monster Manual I needed only 3 to get my next Magical Beast - Fiendish Lion deed done, so that was my initial reason to do Cerulean Hills & The Capitives in the first place.

i get the impression as if the Mimics were more often to be found than in previous years, or maybe that's my impression because i got several during last night's run ( well, at least it's night for me, always ;) until i see the morning dawn through my window. ;) )
So, now, I have enough tokens for my very first Mimic item with 3 years ! Yay ! :)

We'll have to keep the same split and I might have the Az/Peter/CM side run epics while we catch up.

I'm planning on us taking advantage of the Saltmarsh saga to go thin on lvl4 content.

I don't mind running some epic for awhile.

Does it mean we're now done with level 3 quests so we can take level 6 on the mains?

Got my char to level 6 through Cerulean Hills slayer and through doing some of the Korthos quests on elite difficulty - together with a lesser slayer pot & Voice Of The Master.

I especially exploited the fact that in the Monster Manual I needed only 3 to get my next Magical Beast - Fiendish Lion deed done, so that was my initial reason to do Cerulean Hills & The Capitives in the first place.

i get the impression as if the Mimics were more often to be found than in previous years, or maybe that's my impression because i got several during last night's run ( well, at least it's night for me, always ;) until i see the morning dawn through my window. ;) )
So, now, I have enough tokens for my very first Mimic item with 3 years ! Yay ! :)
You weren't actually supposed to take lvl6 since you still have 5 Saltmarsh quests to complete. That's going to pose a problem.

I don't mind running some epic for awhile.

Does it mean we're now done with level 3 quests so we can take level 6 on the mains?
For you, Az, and CM, you can take 6 since you've completed Saltmarsh. The rest of us have to wait until we knock out the last 5 quests.

You weren't actually supposed to take lvl6 since you still have 5 Saltmarsh quests to complete. That's going to pose a problem.

I could hop in with another of my alts. I have a level 4 Paladin, for example, or a level 2 "Drunken Kitty" alchemist.
I have a lot of alts around that level, most of them are mules, and partly because this level area 1-12 is most fun to me.

I have good news for you : Alrih is still level 5.
I meant that I got her from 4 to level 5.
Level 6 was probably wishful thinking. :D

I have good news for you : Alrih is still level 5.
I meant that I got her from 4 to level 5.
Level 6 was probably wishful thinking. :D
Good deal. We'll wrap Saltmarsh next run then.

The Mimic event seems to be still active. Got 2 tokay.

We made it thru Saltmarsh, so if you haven't taken 6 yet, go ahead. It looks like most of us are rank29 now. Other than Corwin, we probably ought to save the Saltmarsh saga for now. I've only got Sharn and Irestone on tap for lvl4 content, but there's quite a bit of lvl5 content on the menu (3BC, finishing Tangles, House K bar quests). Taking sagas now might put many of us at the wall.

Sorry, my internet puked totally on me and I'll need to talk to my ISP next week about it.

Okay, good luck next time !

I'm sorry that you had this bad luck, and that it didn't work out well for you.
I'm hoping that next time, it will be better for you.

However, I've seen several reports in the DDO forums from people reporting connection hiccups. So, this theme might actually be more common than we might think.

In the end, we did a few High Road runs, bad slayer runs, but very good rares runs.
My toon came into level 27, some into 28.
No mains runs. Only Epics (Epic White Plume Mountain adventure pack).

My idea is now, to use some lower epic level toons to help Corwin get his higher Epic level toon better up. I say "lower epic level toons", because if we would use higher or same epic level toons, then these would get ahead so much in epic levels of Corwin's epic level toon that he would get even more problems.

On a more lighter note : "Isle Of Dread : From Page To Game" : https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-dread-page-to-game

Back
Top Bottom