Fallout 4 - Unofficial Patch 2.0

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@DSOGaming An unofficial Fallout 4 patch mod to sort out all the remaining issues.

The Unofficial Patch Project team has released a brand new patch for Fallout 4. In case you weren’t aware of, the Unofficial Fallout 4 patch is a comprehensive bugfixing mod that aims to eventually fix every bug with Fallout 4 not officially resolved by the developers.

According to its description, the Unofficial Fallout 4 patch comes with hundreds of gameplay, quest, NPC, object, item, text and placement fixes, and is designed to be compatible with as many other mods as possible.

[...]
More information.

Wonder how this unofficial patch will affect the creation club paid content? As Bethesda always updates the game when new stuff is available to buy.

Though I find other ways to download the new paid content.:ahoy:

Dunno nothing about creation club, all I wanted in FO4 was norespawn/noradiantcrap mods and I had them from Nexus. Remember how I was saying how unlike it's predecessor (not FNV) FO4 is awsome? Yea… Now you know why.

What's odd is the scope of this unofficial patch, FO4 had it's share of bugs but it wasn't utterly broken as Skyrim. And now I see issues numbers over 20K. Someone is definetly nitpicking or DLC were buggy as hell (never bought any).

Is there any unofficial patch that turns this game into a real and good rpg?

I keep saying it, Horizon is Fallout 5. That mod adds so much content but doesnt get the attention it deserves and its made by one guy. Ive made a lot of compatibility patches for it. Version 1.6 comes out soon, try it out then.

Actually, this news is a bit late.

v 2.0 came out on 25/1/17. :)

And it's not so much a brand new patch as just a slightly patchier patch as they've been updating it quite regularly.

Seems like a bit of a click baity article from DSOGaming is, as the Unofficial Patch has been around almost as long as the game itself.

Most of the bugs fixed these days are extremely nitpicky, but I love 'em for it!

[0002C616]: "What? Jake's back? Oh thank god." > "What? Jake's back? Oh, thank god."​

Horizon won't magically RPGify this copy/paste hiking simulator with guns, but it does go a long way to fleshing out character creation so you're not a walking God after 30 minutes.

I never saw much need for the FOUP. I waited for about a year and then tried it. Caused more issues than it fixed on my end as it was conflicting with mods or had to remove mods that were not patched for it. Broke one of my games. After trying the second time, and it didn't even fix my only real game bug which is the "Emogene Takes A Lover" bug, I gave up on it.

The Skyrim one is excellent but from what I read on the UP forums they had more problems getting FO4 patched ... and had to slow down as it was often breaking things.

I played vanilla for 6 months and fully enjoyed it. Mods just make it better, icing on the cake. The SM really added to the game as well - can't play without that anymore as it does make it harder and gives more purpose to food, water, time, sleep, and other things. Still enjoy the challenge.

One of my all time favorite RP games. So many options for role playing (although I do dislike, so very much, the forced "married with kid" story but with some mental work and mods can work around that) and building characters. So much content and fun side quests. Still find amusing and entertaining, and even sad, side stories. Lots of hidden gems.

I had thought if they had made some major upgrade recently to the UP I might try it again as I use less mods these days - mainly ones for immersion and visual improvements (textures and meshes plus graphic presets). But seems like this is the same one I had checked out back in late winter.

Still always nice when people work on mods and I am sure many enjoy the patch. I found the game far more stable and in less need of an UP than Skyrim myself. With over a thousand hours in the game I know it pretty well as well. Not to worried over missing comma's either.

Back
Top Bottom