What games are you playing now?

Started a new game of Satisfactory, an exploration and factory-builder stress test for your cpu. Enjoying it greatly.

hlyopu2.jpg

Despite this whole virus craze, I do not have much of a free time.
Nevertheless, home office has its own pro's, e.g I can play for short coffee break bursts anytime without embarrassment. Hence my list is:

Desktop Dungeons: honestly, I was a fan of this gem back then, and I'm a fan now. This beauty is THE coffee break RPG.
Baldur's Gate 1 (replay): ooohhh, when replaying, I find the BG1 better than BG2. Must be those "empty" wilderness areas… Go figure.
Technomancer: having utterly disappointed by Greedfall's setting, I'm about to try out another underdog Spiders game. This one seems to have a more interesting world to soak in.
Moons of Madness: another "Lovecrafian" game, without any actual Lovecraft. Developers, take note: Lovecraft does not equal tentacles and gore!

Still on BG (just started Shadow of Amn) but I needed a little turn-based action to balance all that real time messiness, so I fired up Mordheim: City of the Damned.

That game is an asshole. It's great but does anything it can to make me suffer.
Devs must be a bit sadistics, especially with their design of story missions...

Whew ... finished Jedi Knight today, and really forgot how sprawling, exhausting and occasionally frustrating those levels were! And because of modern hardware you can no longer use 3D Accelerator even with the old workaround.

Next have to decide between Divine Divinity, Arcanum, or jumping into the Mysteries of the Sith expansion ... all of which work great on the Surface Pro 7!

I am playing with Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2 as well, but I think I just can't play anymore - it is just too frustrating. I think I am on mission 12/13 or something, and the level is full of windy towers with obscure buttons and it is just no fun at all.

It is working with hardware acceleration for me using jkgfxmod, although I am still on Windows7 so that might change things.

Baldur's Gate 1 (replay): ooohhh, when replaying, I find the BG1 better than BG2. Must be those "empty" wilderness areas… Go figure.

I'm in the same boat; I find BG1 to be a more enjoyable game than 2. I think I prefer the smaller scope of the story myself; it's not deciding the fate of divine beings, but a single city. Though I also think that the UI wasn't quite that well suited for the mass of high-level AD&D abilities the party could accumulate, and simply worked better for a low level party instead as well. I've played through BG1 twice as much as BG2, which is saying something. I've beaten BG2 with practically every single class as the Bhaalspawn, as well as every most multi-class options.

I just beat Spyro the Dragon 1 Remake, after two weeks of being stuck on the end boss. It's a fun, colorful platformer, and I liked the original, so the remake worked well with me. Though some of the jumps in that last stage were painfully precise, which is what killed me the most. For the most part, it's easy enough though, unless you try to 100% everything, which I never do.

Still plugging away at Tales of Berseria and Legends of Amberland, with the occasional turn at dying in Doom (2016). I've never been good at first person shooters, and playing on the PS4 is far far far worse than KB&M controls.

I find both BG1 and BG2 to be two conflicting extremes. Like the difference between a quiet walk in the park and running a competitive marathon. Which you prefer will depend what mood one is in.

I find BG1 way too tranquil a game. what some find relaxing I find the equivalent of watching a loading screen for too long. A sense of impatience which manifests in a physical pain in my stomach as I stare at a screen not doing anything while itching to do something.

BG2 on the other hand I find is too much the other way with the non-stop flood of companions and quests quite literally throwing you around all over the place like a paper bag in a gale. A computer game equivalent of role-playing someone with ADHD.

This probably sounds a bit extreme, and it's not a reflection of the whole of both games, just the overall gameplay loop of both. I enjoyed both to about the same degree in terms of the memories, and I'm glad I played both, but neither made it onto my personal all time games because both miss the mark for me, one too low and one too high, but both were worthy experiences of shooting for something.

BG2 had a ton of sidequests but I do miss those wilderness areas you could explore in BG1. BG1 is still my fav, but they're both great games. Also there's that moment when you get your first magical sword +1 and don't have to worry about it breaking in middle of fight.

Inspired by LGR I'm playing Where in USA is Carmen San Diego (the CGA version, not the remade one). Still trying to catch my 1st burglar but I'm getting there :biggrin:

I'm replaying Exiled Kingdoms. This is a mobile port that is actually quite a good game and extremely large. You play a warrior, rogue, cleric or wizard and have received an inheritance from an unknown relative. On the way to retrieve said inheritance, you get robbed and have to earn money by solving the problems of the various towns, guilds, and peoples. You do this while you also follow the footsteps of the thief.

Each character has 8 or so unique skills to their class and then some shared skills and then a bunch that can only be unlocked by meeting the right people and helping them out. I'd say there are about 80 quests and you'll level from 1-20ish throughout the game. I generally end up restarting after level 7 or 8 and have played the first sections of the game several times, just trying out different build ideas or even just a different path on the world map.

The developer made enough from his little indie game to port it to pc and that audience made him enough money to make a full-blown pc rpg for his next game: Archaelund (sp?).

Chugging on my fourth character on Everquest two, Kaladim server. Might try to do one more characer if we get a bonus experience week or weekend, as I always like to have a monk in my stable. Gotta be ready for Kunark!

I'm quickly becoming engrossed by X4: Foundations, which is rather brilliant. If you've enjoyed any of the previous X games at all, don't hesitate.

OK, so I ran through Mysteries of the Sith (JK stand=alone expansion), then went between a bunch of stuff before settling on NWN2 (starting with OC). Usually do male Paladin or female Sorcerer ... so mixing it up as a female Paladin :D

Playing coop portal 2 with a friend, I'm not a huge puzzle game fan but quite enjoying it - never finished portal 2 single player.

Also stil playing D:OS2 as 4 player coop with friends, but they are not really interested in the "RP" aspects, so they just say "where to now?" "Let's kill them all!" etc :rolleyes:

Kind of burned out on RPG games so playing the latest Terminator game.
Its fun, kind of like Dead Island and the characters and story is good.
No multiplayer is okay by me
The graphics actually look much better then I expected from reading reviews and I'm not playing 4k anyways.

OK, so I ran through Mysteries of the Sith (JK stand=alone expansion), then went between a bunch of stuff before settling on NWN2 (starting with OC). Usually do male Paladin or female Sorcerer … so mixing it up as a female Paladin :D

Couldn't you have at least done a Sorcerer/Paladin or Male/Female build instead? :)
My English teacher is rolling in her grave over the above sentence.

I'm playing Last Epoch and Wolcen. Last Epoch is the better game but Wolcen is prettier. Most of Wolcen is still broken while Last Epoch is very solid, but not complete by any stretch of the imagination. Last Epoch is asking for a lot of money for an EA game, but I was bored. It's worth $20 but is asking $35; at least on Steam.

Just got to the end of a replay of Jedi Outcast. The lightsabre combat remains great fun, but I lost interest towards the end this time - I got to the gimmicky level where you take over an ATST and decided I'd had enough. Provided 12 hours of fun though.

Back to RPGs now, going to fire up Pool of Radiance. I'm planning to do a run of the four Pools gold box games, I've never actually played the last two in the series. Might open a diary thread or something to record progress :)

Just got to the end of a replay of Jedi Outcast. The lightsabre combat remains great fun, but I lost interest towards the end this time - I got to the gimmicky level where you take over an ATST and decided I'd had enough. Provided 12 hours of fun though.
Damn I love it from then on out ... sure you have stuff to deal with, but I tend to mix riding the ATST with walking through using Mind Trick to get the rocket troopers to attack everyone else and when you have snipers on each side you can instigate a great cross-battle. Then on to some of the best series of combat in the game!

Ha maybe I gave up a bit too early then! The ATST just felt clunky and not fun to be honest, I didn't think about using force powers from the cockpit d'oh. I'll give it another go later.

Ha maybe I gave up a bit too early then! The ATST just felt clunky and not fun to be honest, I didn't think about using force powers from the cockpit d'oh. I'll give it another go later.

Well I replay it every year so have found a million different little things to go through ... because the ATST stuff itself (mostly visibility) is definitely clunky!

Back
Top Bottom