Is it time to just get a console?

4K looks nice but it's such a slog. Especially if you're using an actual TV - as the response time is for shit.

No wonder you're thinking console.

I need my dude to respond like a Ninja :)

I usually play characters like that, so….

That said, I wouldn't mind a higher resolution with similar performance.

But performance is king for me.

But you're never going to get a console to perform well under those circumstances.

You might be living in the past, ok maybe the present.:biggrin:

2020 model tv’s are coming close to monitor quality with features like, VRR, 4K/120hz, g-sync, response times under 2 ms and input lag under 14ms.

Currently I’m on a projector which has a response time around 13ms and input lag of 23ms. That’s the best i could find with the features i wanted and wasn’t outrageously priced. I’d never use it for competitive FPS but for single player RPG’s it’s fine. I had no problem beating sekiro on it and that’s a fast, fast game.

Just to be clear I’ll buy a PS5 for exclusives but they’ll need to pry my M&K from my cold dead hands to stop me from gaming on my PC. :)

Well, I'm talking about the present moment. The whole "coming close" always forgets how that applies to technology all the way around ;)

But if you're happy, you're happy - and that's key.

Well, I'm talking about the present moment. The whole "coming close" always forgets how that applies to technology all the way around ;)

But if you're happy, you're happy - and that's key.

Well, that gap closes every year. There was a time PC gaming was laughable on a tv, now were talking in ms.

It's all about the priorities and preferences of the individual. :)

As someone who plays console games a lot, I'd still be lost without PC gaming.

Both have their strengths, both have their weaknesses, and having both options for different moods & occasions is the best bet IMO

Back
Top Bottom