Project Eternity - Update #22, $2.94M

Dhruin

SasqWatch
If you add Paypal, Project Eternity is probably just about to nudge $3.0M ($2.94 on Kickstarter alone). Yesterday, PC Gamer held a live chat and you can find some of the key answers here:

On the aumaua race:

“the other race we haven’t talked about yet are called the aumaua. they are larger than humans and are found in a lot of coastal and island areas. like orlans, they look somewhat… different, but they are still a bipedal race. we’re still working on their concepts (as we are with orlans), but we will show them when we feel they’re in a good place.” – Josh Sawyer
The latest Kickstarter update offers five answers from Tim chosen from questions on various boards around the 'net:
Will there be low intelligence/charisma dialog?
Yes, we will have these dialogs. They are a great deal of work, since it means writing two versions of every dialog in the game, but I am sure that our wonderful writers are up to it. I really want these dialogs too! I find it fun to replay the game with a low intelligence character, just to see how the NPC's react to my slow-witted attempts to help them.
And there we have it! Five questions answered from five sites. Again, thanks for your support of Obsidian and Project Eternity. There are just a few days left before the Kickstarter campaign is over and we enter full production of this game, and we are all very excited about the prospect of working on a classic CRPG again!
More information.

Last PayPal total (from the Feargus on the IWDII ustream done by Adam Brennecke the Project Director) is $74,208.

3 millions have been achieved.

I finally got off my virtual ass and pledged ;) This makes Project Eternity my first kickstarter. I went in at $140.

Was $140.00 always a mouse pad. I thought it used to be a t-shirt. Don't really care about either but would rather have the shirt as I would never replace my gaming pad.

$140 still have the t-shirt. The mouse pad was added last week to every tier above $140.

Obsidian keep adding stuff, I think they are going a bit crazy. Update #19 is a must read to understand everything.

oh, ok. Not sure how many people really want the extra stuff. It's nice of them to offer it but i'd give mine back so they can hire more help and finish the game sooner.

oh, ok. Not sure how many people really want the extra stuff. It's nice of them to offer it but i'd give mine back so they can hire more help and finish the game sooner.

I'm pretty sure the Kickstarter pledge form let's you the select any reward tier that's lower than the amount you've pledged, you don't have to choose the highest one.

Doesn't help if all the stuff you do want isn't in a lower tier, but it works for 'I just want the digital bits' or something like that.

PC Gamer? Didn't watch covered a certain recent article how things work in PC Gamer actually...

Anyway, I knew 3M will be achieved can't find my post about that now), too early to say if we'll get the big city though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I would like a stronghold and like big cities. Loved the ones in BG2 (Ranger cabin and the fighters stronghold) as well as the one in NWN2. Anything to add to immersion.

I'm never sure what to think of Strongholds. I like having a place to drop my stuff and use as a base, but in neither BG2 nor NWN2 did I think it was done too well. It seemed like it was mostly just going through the motions rather than really having to manage the stronghold and make real decisions. I'd much rather have the second big city, but alas, it doesn't seem with 55 hours to go that they will likely hit the $3.5M

currently they are around 3.15mil with PP. Last day usually is a high pledge day. I predict 200k at least. so in next 30 hours if they make 200 K which is possible... I think 3.5 is reality

PE is going to make 3.5 mil on Kickstarter only, the last two days always see a big surge and they only need an average of 7k/hour. In the last two they have done 9k/hour...

Last I checked, there was a wasteland of empty space between 3 million and 3.5 million; is there any talk of additional incremental stretch goals?

I'm not sure the exact amount they have now but including Paypal ($72k last time I knew) they are almost to $3.2 million right now. Rather then more stretch goals between $3 and $3.5 million they may need stretch goals for after $3.5 million.

Last I checked, there was a wasteland of empty space between 3 million and 3.5 million; is there any talk of additional incremental stretch goals?

They need 500k to make another big city of the size of Athkatla (from BG2), with all the content involved (quests, NPCs, models, etc).

I understand, but I guess I was hoping for some fallback goals. Otherwise, it's all gravy, should they fall short.

I understand, but I guess I was hoping for some fallback goals. Otherwise, it's all gravy, should they fall short.

Well that's why the endless paths was such a brilliant idea - it continues to serve as an incremental stretch goal through the 500k gulf between stronghold and 2nd big city.

Back
Top Bottom