The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

KCRW is a frickin' treasure trove. I'd also go some of the NPR Tiny Desk. Here's Moon Hooch. There's a whole lot of great other stuff to be found in those sessions.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wwBhxBBa7tE

No fuckin kidding. Right?!

So there are ways to download these and convert them to mp3s for off net listening and relistening. In my experience the most rapturous music requires multiple listens to fully appreciate.

No fuckin kidding. Right?!

So there are ways to download these and convert them to mp3s for off net listening and relistening. In my experience the most rapturous music requires multiple listens to fully appreciate.

Yeah, there's some recordings that should be heard at maximum fidelity, but I think YouTube has opened up a whole new concept of bootlegging. Not that people want to rip off those recordings that should be bought, but just want (in quite a positive way) access to live performances that might never otherwise be heard.

It's a bit of a grey area, and always has been. I can tell you how to capture public videos, if you like.

I've recently been listening a lot to one of my new favorite online radio stations:

Minsk House Radio.

Very good and varied mixes, excellent for mundane tasks like driving or cleaning up. They play "Deep, Tech, House, Electronica, Techno, Drum, Jungle."

"Ballad Of Big" by Genesis. Several times per day now. :D My, what a great song !

Back
Top Bottom