Golden Joystick 2017 awards

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
https://www.vg247.com/2017/11/18/ze...e-of-the-year-at-2017-golden-joystick-awards/

Never could understand these before the year ends, but well, here it is.
The most important list of winners:
Best Audio – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Best Gaming Performance – Ashly Burch (Horizon Zero Dawn)
Best Indie Game – Friday the 13th: The Game
Best Multiplayer Game – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
Best Storytelling – Horizon Zero Dawn
Best Streamer/Broadcaster – Markiplier
Best VR Game – Resident Evil 7
Best Visual Design – Cuphead
Breakthrough Award – Ashly Burch
Critics’ Choice Award – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Esports Game of the Year – Overwatch
Esports Play of the Year – Agilities
Esports Team of the Year – Lunatic-Hai
Hall of Fame – Final Fantasy
Handheld/Mobile Game of the Year – Pokemon Sun and Moon
Lifetime Achievement – Sid Meier
Most Wanted Award – The Last of Us Part 2
Nintendo Game of the Year – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Outstanding Contribution to the UK Games Industry – Debbie Bestwick MBE (co-founder of Team17)
PC Game of the Year – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
PlayStation Game of the Year – Horizon Zero Dawn
Still Playing Award – World of Tanks
Studio of the Year – Nintendo EPD
Ultimate Game of the Year – The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Xbox Game of the Year – Cuphead

Any favorite game of yours on this list? You love them all, dontcha.

Yea. Better not to comment more. Next list please!

Played Zelda quite a bit - and I think it's incredibly overrated.

Then again, tastes differ.

Horizon Zero Dawn is a damn good game. I know @joxer; doesn't like consoles and all. But if he did (big IF), he would agree with me :)

Horizon Zero Dawn is a damn good game. I know @joxer; doesn't like consoles and all. But if he did (big IF), he would agree with me :)

Its my game of the year as well. It does not re-invent the wheel but takes everything that came before and put in a nice package. Its like meal you had before but everything is just right!

Also to add, the game is absolutely gorgeous and that's on a console!

HZD was extremely competent and pretty - but in gameplay terms, it's really not that special in my opinion. I got sick of it after around 25 hours.

It doesn't set itself apart much from the average Ubisoft game. The combat system is neat - but less entertaining than it thinks it is. At least to me.

I never really achieved the "flow" it seemed to expect - perhaps because I'm not a controller guy - but it just wasn't that fun overall.

To each his own, though.

I admit HZD is the only other hardware game in 2017 I'm interested in. Okay, not only, some Yakuza sequel is another. But that's it.

Playstation Now is discounted on Amazon ($60 for the whole year O_O):
https://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Now-Subscription-12-Months/dp/B019CYYSFC
Maybe I should budge?
The only question is if HZD is even offered through it.

[EDIT]
Found my answer, it's not there.
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/explore/psnow/games/
Tough luck I guess. I'll die an ignorant fool.

Consoles are not that expensive these days! You can easily get PS4 for around £180 brand new and even low as £130 secondhand. I don't know where you live but here in UK Amazon Warehouse is selling Ps4 for around £150 and it comes with 12 month warranty too. Anyway just get one since the PS4 has enough exclusives to justify £130 ~ £150!

Sorry, for something I don't want to, even £1 is expensive.
But it's not the price. It's just I don't want trip over junk in my room. :D

If Sony wants me to buy something of theirs, well, they can always try to shake GPU world with a card of their own or something. ;)

Sorry, for something I don't want to, even £1 is expensive.
But it's not the price. It's just I don't want trip over junk in my room. :D

If Sony wants me to buy something of theirs, well, they can always try to shake GPU world with a card of their own or something. ;)

Here I was thinking you are gamer (i.e. someone who like great games) first :p

"PC Game of the Year – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds"

Now,I wish to jump off a very high cliff,and set myself on fire.
Also,this should go to your Bullshit thread Joxer. :)

"PC Game of the Year – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds"

Now,I wish to jump off a very high cliff,and set myself on fire.
Also,this should go to your Bullshit thread Joxer. :)

Do you now the best part? The game isn't even released, it's in early access.

Do you now the best part? The game isn't even released, it's in early access.

Yes I know. And it is 30Euros. The price is ridiculous, for and early access game. And the game offers a medium amount of fun. It is nothing special.
At least from my POV.

So yeah. Heading up that cliff...

HZD, PUBG and BotW are three games I am interested about. But I am not going to buy a console. (Also, I suck too much at competitive multiplayer games to play PUBG.)

Yes I know. And it is 30Euros. The price is ridiculous, for and early access game. And the game offers a medium amount of fun. It is nothing special.
At least from my POV.

So yeah. Heading up that cliff…

Its not game I play but despite early access, beta or what not, its one of the most popular game on steam and around the world. Its been talked about by people who don't normally even play games! It must be doping something right!

HZD, PUBG and BotW are three games I am interested about. But I am not going to buy a console. (Also, I suck too much at competitive multiplayer games to play PUBG.)

Why is that? Its genuine question since given how cheap consoles are why people refuse to buy them? Night out can easily cost good £50 - £100 so that makes a PS4, 2 or 4 night out!

Its not game I play but despite early access, beta or what not, its one of the most popular game on steam and around the world. Its been talked about by people who don't normally even play games! It must be doping something right!

You can make real money while playing it. The game is more popular in China than anywhere else, but is only available on Steam. It caused a 26% increase of Chinese accounts on Steams since it was made available. There are now more Chinese speakers than anything else on Steam because of it (and they love to review bombs).

Why is that? Its genuine question since given how cheap consoles are why people refuse to buy them? Night out can easily cost good £50 - £100 so that makes a PS4, 2 or 4 night out!

When I was in my 20s I spent a lot of (too much) money on electronics. Now I'd rather downsize and keep the number of gadgets as low as possible. Except for stuff I use every day like my smartphone. In fact, being able to plug my phone into a keyboard and mouse would be nice (hypothetically), if and when the hardware performance becomes good enough for PC-style games.

Played Zelda quite a bit - and I think it's incredibly overrated.

Then again, tastes differ.

I am curious about this new Zelda, it looks like people have a love/hate relationship, where most people love it and the rest thinks it is extremely overrated. Why would you say it is so overrated ? What are the bad parts and the good ?

I am curious about this new Zelda, it looks like people have a love/hate relationship, where most people love it and the rest thinks it is extremely overrated. Why would you say it is so overrated ? What are the bad parts and the good ?

I don't hate it at all. I think it's a cute game with a lot of impressive features, considering the hardware it's running on.

But I don't find it very interesting at all - and I hate their approach to loot, NPC interaction, inventory handling, "puzzle-dungeons", and so on.

I played it around 20 hours on a recent emulated version - and I struggled to stay interested.

It's simply not my kind of game - but that's fair enough. I tried Ocarina of Time and had the same reaction.

I consider them cute little kiddie RPGs - and I'm sure they're full of ingenious stuff.

Just not my kind of stuff.

PC Game of the Year – PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds

Funny that they gave awards to a game I will never ever play.

About that Zelda gamne : I was once watching a child playing a demo of it ... She actually used his sword for some kind of lawnmowing ... And it really worked !

I don't never ever remember ANY developer implementing the possibility to cut grass !
Even with a sword !

Back
Top Bottom