• Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Deus Ex
  • Dark Souls
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

More information.

there is no coherence in that list.
the man has no clue what he likes and seeks in a game, he is just reacting to what he gets )
the recipe to failure

The includes many title that I'd consider top RPG selections, so it seems reasonable. A list is just a list -- somebody's opinion.

But it also contains titles I would never put as top material, in fact some I'd list as the worst games ever. ;)

That's why this time I'll side with @borcanu;. :)

Not my Top 15 list, but I can live with it. Nothing surprising in there, though.
To not miss all the little gems you have to read RPGWatch (or the Codex)...

I'll never understand the interest in these random lists, which are usually just a lazy bit of filler content on second rate gaming sites.

They're also the best clickbait.

Don't forget that for a person who just started gaming and feels RPGs are their style, these list can provide some sort of starting titles to try.

1fgvmz.jpg

Diablo 3? Mount and Blade? Skyrim? PoE? Lumped together with BG2 and Deus Ex? Lmaoo

there is no coherence in that list.
the man has no clue what he likes and seeks in a game, he is just reacting to what he gets )
the recipe to failure

Or…. he’s able to like more than one style of game in a genre.

Anyway only, dark souls, BG2, Skyrim ( heavily modded) and maybe DOS2 ( once I play it) would make my list.

But... the article says the top 12 games... and there's 16 on the list!? Oh, the video is the one with 12 (which includes Morrowind) The page is a different list. Eeesh.

The list seems reasonable enough to me. It ain't my list but I can respect most of the choices.

What the hell is that steam pile of crap, Witcher doing at the top? Never understand why people liked those crappy action games.

What the hell is that steam pile of crap, Witcher doing at the top? Never understand why people liked those crappy action games.

Out of a list that includes Diablo III, Dark Souls, and Mass Effect 2, you single out The Witcher to call an action game? :)

That list is awful. He's not even selected the best entries from some of the franchizes.

Morrowind>Skyrim

Mass Effect>ME2

Witcher 1 & 2 > Witcher 3

Shadowrun Dragonfall > Hong Kong

Christ, I'm surprised the dolt didn't have Invisible war in there!

Out of a list that includes Diablo III, Dark Souls, and Mass Effect 2, you single out The Witcher to call an action game? :)

Well I have bashed dark souls enough that I just presumed everyone knew how much that sucked. ME 2 was a great game, although it already had 1 foot out of the rpg door. D3 is a good, not great as it is no grim dawn, aRPG. The entire witcher series however has such horrendous combat that it is essentially unplayable. It nearly approaches Zelda levels of suck, which is borderline blackhole level.

I do not totally agree with your list.

That list is awful. He's not even selected the best entries from some of the franchizes.

Morrowind>Skyrim

Mass Effect>ME2

Witcher 1 & 2 > Witcher 3

Shadowrun Dragonfall > Hong Kong

Christ, I'm surprised the dolt didn't have Invisible war in there!

Back
Top Bottom