Theseus: Journey to Athens - Steam Page Up

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
The Steam page is up for Theseus: Journey to Athens and the release date is set at around February 14th with the Steam date being incorrect at this time.

About This Game

Old-school Adventure/RPG set in Ancient Hellas. Heavily based on Classical source material. Choices have consequences!

Step into the sandals of Theseus and make your way to Ancient Athens! Your story begins in the small Peloponnesian town of Troezen, where you learn about your father's identity and a dangerous plot against your life. In light of these startling developments, you must leave under cover of night and discover your family heritage.

Key Features:

• Over 20 unique locations to explore, all based heavily on primary source material.
  • Beautiful artwork created by Klaudia Jankowska.
  • Original music composed by Michael Landers.
  • Detailed choose-your-own-adventure style cut scenes, decorated with historical artwork.
  • Turn-based combat with many different opponents and items.
  • Player stats and party mechanics that have gameplay consequences.
If you appreciate classical antiquity and mythology, then this game will fit the bill.
[...]

On another note, Steam is giving me a headache about changing the release date. It's not possible to release the game shorter than 2 weeks after the launch of the store page. I will therefore release in mid February; it says February 1st right now, but I will push it back another couple of weeks from there once I get the site to cooperate with my browser.
More information.

Many thanks for putting this up on the front page!

For those who are seeing this game for the first time, there is a free demo available at our Itch page:

https://antiquity-games.itch.io/theseus-journey-to-athens

It is a little trickier to upload and release downloads on Steam, so until I read over Steam's documentation/tutorials the free demo is only going to be available on Itch. Thankfully, downloading and installing is very straightforward; Itch has set up a very pain-free distribution site for indies.

The demo was released just before Christmas 2018, so it is very close to the final version. It ends after the first town. If this game is of interest to you, please add it to your Steam wishlist. I understand from other developers that for indie projects, wishlists are very important if you want Steam to display the game to browsing guests.

Thanks for all the support guys, here's some data from Steam for the period 1/17 to 1/20:

Steam displayed the clickable button for the game: 4,214
Visits to game store page: 1,935

Going deeper into the analytics, I can see that internal click-thrus (visitor sees it in a "upcoming games" list or somewhere else inside the Steam client, then clicks on it) has been a steady 300 to 400 per day. Visits from outside of Steam are more erratic: once there's an announcement (like being featured here on the front page), it shoots up with a lot of unique visits (outnumbering the Steam internal visits), but then the following days it trickles down to a much lower number. I see the same phenomena on Itch, which shows the visits as a series of spikes as new demos or features are announced.

I don't know if these are good stats or not for Steam, but I'm certainly happy with the attention its received. For tonight, I'm working on the settings menu, because a lot of the feedback I got from the demo was stuff like "I need windowed mode".

Thanks again guys for putting it on the wishlist!

Back
Top Bottom