nameless hero

Watchdog
Hey all,
It has recently come to my attention of a particular year; 2012. To be exact, 21st December 2012 is the last day on the Mayan calendar. Many people believe that in this year the magnetic poles will switch, causing cataclysmic damage, and causing billions of people to die. I thought this might be an interesting conversation topic.

Out of curiosity, I read up on this topic. Its called 'Orion's Prophecy'. Here are some links for those also interested:

http://survive2012.com/
http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html
http://www.life-cycles-destiny.com/pg/ancient-maya-egypt-civilization.htm

I'm curious what people think of this. I personally think its ridiculous.

Well, we all survived 2000 despite partying like it was 1999 ... so I think we'll be good ...

I have always very ambiguous feelings towards such topics. On the one hand I kinda like them, they make great fictional novels, movies, etc. But on the other hand I don't like it if people are trying to present them as something that might actually happen. Especially not if they are just aiming at making money. Erich von Däniken comes to mind... I would be very surprised if he is not about to publish a book with this topic (or has already done it).

we discussed this in my ancient history class last semester, and it is fascinating, the knowledge these people had of the cosmic cycles and calendar.

That said, I do give them credit for knowing such things as the times of equinox or how to make a snake appear from the shadows on the side of one of their temples or whatever. After all there wasnt much to do for entertainment. I dont put any stock in the Mayan Armageddom scenario, however.

Just another group of people who said that the end is nigh!

Some occultic predictions & fears about 2012 do not necessarily involve world-devastation. They, rather involve the most constant thing in the universe: changes.

According to some occult circles (which have more credibility to me than, say, christians -- although I doubt nearly all occult crap anyway), interestingly, 2012 would be the year that alien entities "remove the veil," which means they will reveal their presence to mankind. It supposedly has been planned for thousands of years. IMO, and I am not religious at all, but if anything occurs in 2012 at all, it will be alien lifeforms making their presence more obvious to humanity.

The Mayan calendar was started when, in their lore, a white god Quetzakoatel descended from the sky and taught them shit. Then he left, and said when they would return. Some morons think its Jesus. I think its more likely to be an alien. Anyway, in Mayan calendar, 2012 is when Quetzo-dude comes back to Earth. Thats why it ends at that date. Its was determinate upon their "god" returning to them.

Too bad the Mayans are... gone.

Although I hope nothing happens. I'm not planning on anything changing in my life. 2012 or not.

And no, I am not going to share my computer with some big-headed gray bastard.

... they will reveal their presence to mankind. It supposedly has been planned for thousands of years. IMO, and I am not religious at all, but if anything occurs in 2012 at all, it will be alien lifeforms making their presence more obvious to humanity.[/B]

Aren't they already showing their presence to humanity. All these abductions, stories and everything. Believe it or not, when I was traveling through the German country side, I saw weird lights in the form of circles, and in the form of lighthouse lights. Believe it, or not.

The Mayan calendar was started when, in their lore, a white god Quetzakoatel descended from the sky and taught them shit.[/B]

I heard of this as well. Actually, in the pyramids of Egypt, there are pictures of aliens. I assume the Mayans also drew pictures of them in their Pyramids.

Anyway, in Mayan calendar, 2012 is when Quetzo-dude comes back to Earth. Thats why it ends at that date. Its was determinate upon their "god" returning to them. [/B]

If this is true, I just know America will do something stupid and piss of the Aliens. No offense to any Americans here.

I've heard the aliens (specifically, the Grays) want to incorporate into our society, to gain acceptance within human society. Obviously the way to do this is not confrontation but rather gradual infiltration, because if they confronted the human race, we would undoubtably attack them to defend ourselves.

True, they are already here. But they havent been accepted into our society. Until the vast majority of the human race realizes that they are here (most specifically, the scientific community), they cannot be accepted into society. Hence, some kind of unveiling would have to be done to make scientists realize they are really here and interested in our society.

I have also read that one reason the Grays noticed us is because they fear our nuclear weapons. Appearantly the ability to split the atom is the hallmark of some kind of scientific achievement.

All this, of course, can be refuted by anyone. But personally, I believe in this stuff more than I believe that some guy named Jesus died for my sins. Which doesnt say much because I dont really believe this anyway.

Note -- I dont actually believe this shit. I was stating what I read on some site.

Last edited:
I've heard the aliens (specifically, the Grays) want to incorporate into our society, to gain acceptance within human society. Obviously the way to do this is not confrontation but rather gradual infiltration, because if they confronted the human race, we would undoubtably attack them to defend ourselves.

True, they are already here. But they havent been accepted into our society. Until the vast majority of the human race realizes that they are here (most specifically, the scientific community), they cannot be accepted into society. Hence, some kind of unveiling would have to be done to make scientists realize they are really here and interested in our society.

I have also read that one reason the Grays noticed us is because they fear our nuclear weapons. Appearantly the ability to split the atom is the hallmark of some kind of scientific achievement.

All this, of course, can be refuted by anyone. But personally, I believe in this stuff more than I believe that some guy named Jesus died for my sins.

Mate, what the fuck are you smoking?

I believe that's known as trolling for a fight. Besides, everyone knows that 2012 is when the universe will be destroyed by the Great Spaghetti Meatball Monster.

I wasnt trolling. :(

I didnt mean to present the info as factual. I was being philosophical, presenting the information that I have read. I think its interesting but I dont necessarily actually believe in it.

I thought the entire point of this thread was wacky bullshit about 2012? So I was going along with with the 2012 premise in an interesting, entertaining way. But all in all, I dont believe in it, its wacky bullshit, and unless it happens, I dont believe it will happen.

For me, only thing thats gonna happen in 2012 is its gonna be another year of gaming.

Last edited:
Errrrm... I didn't take this as too serious to be honest... I was just kinda... making fun... I didn't want to offend anyone (hope you didn't take any offense Ammon777)... it's just a hilarious subject...

No offense taken, I was kinda grumpy this morning anyway :)

The aliens are waiting for the new immigration bill to pass, then they will declare themselves. That could easily take until 2012. :)

Obviously the way to do this is not confrontation but rather gradual infiltration, because if they confronted the human race, we would undoubtably attack them to defend ourselves.

Why? Revenge for the anal probing?

f this is true, I just know America will do something stupid and piss of the Aliens

Like what? Besides wear tin foil hats, what could we do? Hold a demonstration or a rally? Our goverment wouldn't attack unless really provoked.

If our government is really run by corporations wouldn't our big businesses want to expand trade outside our solar system? Unless you are the type of nut that thinks we are just war happy and we want to fight anyone, in that case why haven't we thrown our hat into the ring with N. Korea? Or China. China's basically the only country that could give us some game. If we aren't gamey enough to start a war with them, why would we just start with aliens who way out rank us with technology? And, last I checked, the aliens aren't subsidizing our trade deficite.

And, if we befriended the aliens they could help us start more illegal wars for oil and profit.

So, since our government and business will not want to piss off the aliens, that would just leave the people. And of course just our stupid people. Some religous cook that might throw a rock or shoot shot gun at them while screaming, "Jesus hates you you damn filthy hethen aliens." But that just leaves the questions of why would it be the aliens that set him off. Why hasn't he blown-up an abortion clinic or a muslim? Wouldn't something we knew for certain offended a stupid Christian be a more likely target?

I wasn't offended by your comment, just interested in hearing more. Would the headline read, "Stupid American moons aliens while screaming, 'probe this, you alien bitches!', causing aliens to retaliate agianst the loving and innocent French in a laser beam shoting rampage."

Which reminds me of that time I put some unopened soda pop in my freezer. Wow.

Professor Roqua strikes again!

And yes Ion, there are many people that actually believe in the Grays, the Reptilians, and Bigfoot.

Back
Top Bottom