Clasic RPG Section?

ok then looks like its not worth it, oh well.

Ever once in awhile someone starts a topic on a really old game and often spark a discussion about it. Just look around. System Shock and Might & Magic 6 (or was it 7?) have recently been discussed.

Ever once in awhile someone starts a topic on a really old game and often spark a discussion about it. Just look around. System Shock and Might & Magic 6 (or was it 7?) have recently been discussed.

ok if i dont find some on arena im going to start one in gen rpg topics. lol

ok if i dont find some on arena im going to start one in gen rpg topics. lol

Make search. If there isn't one, start a thread. Make sure you give the first post some extra thought, not just a few sentences.

Pacman and tetris are still a lot of fun to play!

Games fueled by graphics and or a linar story die easily.

Great gameplay never dies.

I played the first couple of Wizardry/Ultima games, the Gold Box D & D games and a few others I don't remember. But these were around or close to original release time so my recollections are very fuzzy. :(

On top of that I took a long hiatus from PC gaming (from 1990 to 2000 or so).
Didn't get to play Fallout/BG/IWD until 2001 or so.

Sounds like this would make a great thread to add to the RPG section. No reason not to start one there.

I play old games regulary. My mission is to seek the lost fun from those games and I usually succeed in that. I get pretty fast over the fact that the games are very dated so that doesnt bother me. Infact it just makes the games of today seem better once I go back playing them.

Som of the oldest 80s games Ive played (mostly through) are wizardry 1-4, Wasteland, Pool of radiance (the original), Akalabeth and first ultima. Most of my old games are from 90s though. It was really the golden era atleast for me.

Latelty though they have been releasing new good rpgs so rapidly that I dont have time to play anything else. Its a kind of problem Im still trying to solve. Im somwhat picky when it comes to new games but still there seems to be too many new rpgs. The fact that I own ps2,ps3 and xbox360 doesnt really help in that either.

I still play those old games semi-regularly as well; though I can't remember the last time it was for the first time. They're still enjoyable, if not as much since in some (coughBardsTalecough) I can remember 90% of the dungeons by heart.

I still have all my DOS games, thank you DOSBox and a flash drive.

This week I have finished Zelda II and Golden Axe Warrior. I am currently playing Final Fantasy 6. I have a couple of new titles to play but I hold them off for awhile longer.

FYI: A thread in General CRPG has been opened.

Back
Top Bottom