Cyberpunk 2077 - Official Modding Tools in Development

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
DSOGaming reports that CD Projekt RED has hired some modders to add official modding tools to Cyberpunk 2077.

Now here is a pleasant surprise. The creators of Wolvenkit, the unofficial modding tools for Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk 2077, have announced that CDPR has hired them. As such, the team will be working with CDPR in order to create official modding tools for Cyberpunk 2077.

Theoretically speaking, this will give a big boost to Cyberpunk 2077's modding community. And, to be honest, the game desperately needs such a thing.

[...]
More information.

This is great news and a great move from cdpr.
Everyone benefits from this move.

I cannot help but feel this is a kinda dick-move. Not giving the community mod tools. That is great. But letting modders do their work leaves a bad taste. Not sure if they ever intended to deliver what was promised before release.

They're not letting modders do their work. They've hired Wolvenkit to work with them so the modding tools can be released sooner. This is a good thing.

In my opinion hiring talented programmers (these modders) to work on this game is a good move, even if the game released flawed and half-finished. I have not forgotten we paid full AAA price for a game that for me had at least 4-5 quests broken.
Even if they don't (can't) release the modding tools themselves at least now someone will and get paid for it.

I'm hoping what the signs point to is that they're serious about having a second bite of the cherry with this, and that they know they've actually got to get the job done this time. If they're to have any chance of this having an extended life as online game, they're really going to have to bring it.

I'm sorry but didnt the online part of cyberpunk 2077 get cancelled?

I'm sorry but didnt the online part of cyberpunk 2077 get cancelled?

There was some news recently of people discovering new online code in the game. Nothing certain, but I reckon they always hoped to follow the path of GTA V, and have a very long and profitable online life.

All I get out of this is the expansions are pushed back even more now. They haven't even released all the free DLC yet. What a huge giant cluster-fuck of their own making.

How disappointing.:(

To be blunt I finished it three times. So unless it gets new content I'm done.

They should also hire players to fix the bugs ;)
Yep the last patch broke quests that weren't broke before.

That's sure fixing the game.:lol:

There was some news recently of people discovering new online code in the game. Nothing certain, but I reckon they always hoped to follow the path of GTA V, and have a very long and profitable online life.
Yeah that was CPR's intention but not no more. Still I don't see them scrapping the online version but adding some type of online mode in a future patch or DLC.

I have no interest but I'm sure millions do if it's some type of Co-Op mode.

I wasn't really interested in Cyberpunk even before the whole release fiasco but this is certainly how they get my attention.

Another way look at this is CDPR wants modders to fix their game for free. Doesn't that ring any bells with another developer. Paging Bethesda as modder's fix their games.:biggrin:

They should also hire players to fix the bugs ;)

Not sure when it will get announced, but they did hire a few talented modders recently.

Back
Top Bottom