1 year in jail what crpg would you take with you?

RPGs like The Escapists, Prison Architect are favourite options for video product players. It will allow them to do virtually what they cant do really.
Jusy like those vid products about playing the good guy.

I'd take the first RPG that I wanted to play anyway and finish it in the first couple of days.
Then I'd use the laptop and the freetime to finally create my own RPG. I fear one year won't be enough.
Suddenly life in prison doesn't sound that bad. ;)

You're all mad…Neverwinter Nights has no equal here. Tons of great campaigns, it's own persistent worlds.
One of a kind phenomenon, we'll never see anything like that done in rpg( or video game) history again.

Not one of a kind! Eamon did it, too. Granted that was not exactly a recent game...

^ Nice first post. The game you linked looks great. :)

Welcome! I also started playing RPGs in the early '90s.

http://crpgaddict.blogspot.gr/2016/04/game-220-fate-gates-of-dawn-1991.html :)

Old gem, 200 hours of immersive hardcore fantasy rpg alternate reality!

Hello btw, its been some years i m following you guys, finally i decided to become social . Been playing rpgs almost exclusively since the early 90ies.

P.s. In an even further alternate reality i ' d be playing grimoire :rolleyes:

I can't believe I let this game slip past me I'm going to have to check it out. Welcome to the watch!

Yea, Grimoire somehow slipped past all of us. :D

South Park: The Fractured but Whole. Not really, but I couldn't resist the pun. In reality, probably Enderal.

Welcome Svartie, do you or anyone know, is Fate: Gates of Dawn (1991) for sale or download? I don't see anything atm, it does say a PC version was released.

Thanks

Edit: That's interesting looks like there might be a version setup to run on modern systems. Here's the quote, still checking...
This game has been set up to work on modern Windows (10/8/7/Vista/XP 64/32-bit) computers without problems.

Last edited:
Hey tnx!
Gates of Dawn was released only for Amiga and Atari ST. You need an Amiga emulator and the rom OR you can click this magic link and follow instructions :) : http://www.indieretronews.com/2013/10/amiga-dungeoneering-collection-over-60.html
You can download anything you want, Gates is a part of this package : http://www.mediafire.com/file/r73dv45ht8ttjc4/ADC_Pack_3D_Dungeon.7z
Loads of useful stuff by crpgaddict here (make sure you read through the comments too): http://crpgaddict.blogspot.gr/2016/04/game-220-fate-gates-of-dawn-1991.html

@Fluent: I know your passion for stuff like that and i ve been following your activities, we got same taste and love for everything rpg-old-schoolish. Currently i m in modded Morrowind, while waiting for Enderal dlc (havent started it yet), while dreaming of new, true Gothic 4 :D

Welcome Svartie, do you or anyone know, is Fate: Gates of Dawn (1991) for sale or download? I don't see anything atm, it does say a PC version was released.

Thanks

Edit: That's interesting looks like there might be a version setup to run on modern systems. Here's the quote, still checking…

Yes it is an ok game I liked it. here is a link just download the setup file. it will run on any system.
http://www.old-games.com/download/351/fate-gates-of-dawn
You can download the game for free at the bottom says download but its like dialup speed thank goodness its only 4megs

Thanks dragongamedesigns, yes I had found it and it was annoying slow! Lmao, think I was getting 5k download.

Morrowind GOTY edition- it'd take a while to get used to the game again. And it'd probably then take you the whole year to complete everything the game had to offer.

Having worked in a UK prison up until last year i can tell you that some prisoner are allowed games consoles in their cells. If they stay out of trouble for 3 months they can get moved up to an enhanced prisoner wing where they can buy a xbox360 consoles and games from certain approved suppliers. There is obviously no interent or network gaming but i know some of the prisoners had skyrim as they would ask me for some hints on how to play once they found out i was into gaming.

Having worked in a UK prison up until last year i can tell you that some prisoner are allowed games consoles in their cells. If they stay out of trouble for 3 months they can get moved up to an enhanced prisoner wing where they can buy a xbox360 consoles and games from certain approved suppliers.
No wonder games on that platform are... Let's say a bit better than phonegames. :evilgrin:

Back
Top Bottom