Pillars of Eternity II - Announced and on Fig

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@NicheGamer they report on Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire which is to be crowdfunded via Fig. You can view images of the game at the link provided.

While we've known a sequel was in the making for quite awhile now, Obsidian Entertainment has announced Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire.

The new game will be crowdfunded via Fig and is looking to raise $1.1 million in funds, with $2.25 million open for equity.

Set as a direct sequel to the original Pillars of Eternity, a focus has been put on the statue of Caed Nua, which originally saw its conception as a meaty sidequest in the original game.

"Eothas ... the god of light and rebirth was thought dead, but he now inhabits the stone titan that sat buried under your keep, Caed Nua, for millennia," reads the press release.
More information.

Woo Hoo!

I missed out on backing the first one, not gonna make that mistake again.

I backed the first one. Not going to make the same mistake again!

Looks like some people jumped the "shark" (aka Polygon who didn't realize that the 10 o'clock was pacific time). The press release isn't out yet, lol.

Saying that, those screens looks awesome and goodbye Stronghold, I won't miss you despite all the money I put into you to make you pretty.

Save import was confirmed by Josh Sawyer last week in POE Director's commentary Twitch stream. It's not just an allusion although, it might have limited impact considering POE2 isn't set in the same region.

There are scabbards in screenshots! Dual wielding pistols in concept art!

edit: going by the concept art, this in-game book might offer some clues to possible encounters in the game.

Since it is live and people know about this, they're stupid not to put the site up assap!

I really enjoyed Pillars of eternity. Imo Pillars and Orginal sin are the best games that have come from kickstarter so far. :)

Since it is live and people know about this, they're stupid not to put the site up assap! …
:slap:

It's morning here, they are probably just waking up or on the way to work!

Ah I realize it now. :D

Thank god they will allow us to participate in backing the POE sequel (unlike Tyranny but that is maybe because of Paradox owning ip..) !!!

Supported them in POE1 with 250$ signed CE and I am going for the same for POE2 :) So happy :)

I hope they will get as much as WL3 got which is 3+ mill $

Pillars was a little weird for me. I loved the first 3/4 of the game. Then my interest level went straight from love to indifference almost instantly. Not dislike, just indifference. I just stopped playing and eventually uninstalled. I've had games where my interest waned as I played but not sure I've ever had it drop off a cliff like that before.

I still have my saves and will probably finish at some point.

All that said, 80+ hours of playtime that I greatly enjoyed? I'll be backing again with no regrets.

In the name of Archangel and Luj, I will pledge a 1$. :p

this in-game book[/URL] might offer some clues to possible encounters in the game.

That seems way more interesting than ( what I've seen in) the base game. What was lacking (in comparison to Icewind Dale(s)) was designed scenarios behind maps where each encounter, presented in overall linear corridors, played a role.
In PoE it was more pointless mob after pointless mob placed apart so it doesn't feel "empty".
More linearity, focus, better designed encounters/maps and location variety that play ( even a minor) role in overall storyline...that old school "adventure".

Fig... Errrrr... I'll rather wait for the game release.

That seems way more interesting than ( what I've seen in) the base game. What was lacking (in comparison to Icewind Dale(s)) was designed scenarios behind maps where each encounter, presented in overall linear corridors, played a role.
In PoE it was more pointless mob after pointless mob placed apart so it doesn't feel "empty".
More linearity, focus, better designed encounters/maps and location variety that play ( even a minor) role in overall storyline…that old school "adventure".

White March had much better encounter design already and Josh mentioned a few weeks back that empty "corridors" in dungeons isn't a bad thing. He's been talking for a year about POE's issues and how he plans to address them in a potential sequel without really saying that's what he was already doing.

In fact, he's been teasing POE2 hard. Last August, he randomly mentioned the size of the statue in Caed Nua: 210m/689feet tall.

edit
FIG campaign is up.

Backed for a collectors edition.

Can anyone explain to me the advantage of going Fig over Kickstarter? Not complaining I literally just don't know. :)

Also, as much as I am tempted to $ support I am always wary of Obsidian new releases due to the fact that they always need a series of patches.

Can anyone explain to me the advantage of going Fig over Kickstarter? Not complaining I literally just don't know. :)

Feargus is on the advisory board of Fig, don't look farther than that.

Technically, Fig gives back more money to the crowdfunders than KS does (KS takes like 15% of your earning to pay itself) and allow two mode for crowdfunding (but the other one is only for people approved by SEC, the first one works like KS).

PoE was a disappointment, but still a good game in the grand scheme of things compared to what else is out there today. Easy pledge. The new multiclassing sounds interesting.

Back
Top Bottom