RPGWatch - The End has been Delayed - Page 6 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch - The End has been Delayed

Default RPGWatch - The End has been Delayed

May 22nd, 2022, 18:25
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Yep, been a pretty dry period for major news lately.

Need @lackblogger to write another review of a game, that'll get things moving.
I'm tempted to play the new Solasta campaign, but I'm not in an RPG mood at the moment. And since no-one's reviewed that yet, I'd probably do a review of it. As it stands that might not be until the autumn though.

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)

May 22nd, 2022, 19:32
Originally Posted by lackblogger View Post
I'm tempted to play the new Solasta campaign, but I'm not in an RPG mood at the moment. And since no-one's reviewed that yet, I'd probably do a review of it. As it stands that might not be until the autumn though.
Nice, personally I've been trying to decide whether to play Solasta or ATOM Trudograd next.

Stingray

SasqWatch
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

May 22nd, 2022, 21:52
Such wonderful news. I had been vising the site out of muscle memory/habit during the end period, wasn't sure what I'd do, where to go. The value and importance of this site should not be under rated. It really does mean a lot to many people, and is truly appreciated.

Vang'Mar

Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

May 22nd, 2022, 23:34
Originally Posted by Myrthos View Post
The 'End is Nigh' announcement for RPGWatch turned out to be somewhat premature. It was the plan when I posted it two weeks ago, but in the meantime I had several discussions with a third party and the RPGWatch team on the future of RPGWatch.

It has been decided that in July, RPGWatch will move to Sorcerer's Place. This means that the site as you know it, will still be available after July, but hosted by Sorcerer's Place and it's owner, Taluntain, will become the new owner of RPGWatch.

Most of the RPGWatch team will remain, but I will no longer be a part of that team and have no involvement in the operational side of RPGWatch. In case you are wondering, there has been no exchange of money to make this happen. This only happens, because I learned how much RPGWatch will be missed and after discussion with the team, this was deemed the most viable option for you to still be able to visit RPGWatch with its current functionality.

There will be some changes, like ads being introduced again to pay for the servers (which you can donate money for to not see them). And there will be a move to Xenforo for our forums. I will work with Taluntain to get this done before the end of July, or shortly after that.
Whatever happens after that to RPGWatch is to be decided by the new owner, together with the RPGWatch team.

This means that for the foreseeable future the RPGWatch team will still be able to provide you with the latest RPG news.
If you have any interest in helping the RPGWatch team in this new chapter, as news poster or moderator, there are opportunities to do so.

I hope this is good news!

More information.
Yes! This is good news.

Aknot

Traveler

May 23rd, 2022, 00:52
I'm so glad to hear this! I was coming to the site each day since the original post thinking about how much I'm going to miss all this soon. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that anymore.

Gabriel

Watchdog
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
+1:

May 23rd, 2022, 01:59
To echo the others, I am glad that it turned out this way and that RPG Watch will continue on. Again, thank you very much for all the work you put into this site over the years.

Xian

Sentinel

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2022, 06:22
Glad to see the Watch was just on life support and not dead and should make a full recovery.

sakichop

Watcher

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2022, 08:43
The reports of the Watch's death had been greatly exaggerated.
--
We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
- George Bernard Shaw

Currently playing: Black Geyser

Morrandir

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)

May 23rd, 2022, 21:04
Thanks for not letting this site die @Myrthos and for all the hard work you have put into it. This is one of the few sites I have been visiting weekly over the last several years even though I haven't been very active on the forums.

Mic

Traveler

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

May 24th, 2022, 01:50
Good news!

NFLed

Keeper of the Watch

May 25th, 2022, 05:25
Thank you to Myrthos and everyone involved in delaying The End. May it be a very, very long delay.

biggoron

Traveler

May 25th, 2022, 11:05
Originally Posted by Eye View Post
Yup. I'll board a different ship - a submarine. I did not prepare that picture.
Is it yellow ?
--
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)

May 26th, 2022, 21:24
"The End has Been Delayed" is not a sticky thread anymore.

Now I just don't know if "The End Is Still Nigh" or if "The End Has Actually Been Delayed"
--
Sou tricolor de coração!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jäger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)

May 27th, 2022, 12:57
It just isn't news anymore
--
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. Douglas Adams
There are no facts, only interpretations. Nietzsche
Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go. Oscar Wilde

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 220 Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » Comments » News Comments » RPGWatch - The End has been Delayed