Iceland wins

It's been a good tournament so far. Who's the manager from Morocco? My wife was going crazy over him. That's a good looking man.

It's been a good tournament so far. Who's the manager from Morocco? My wife was going crazy over him. That's a good looking man.
Odd. The reason why women watch football are usually players.

Anyway, Bobo is probably dead drunk already, I wish I was too. Luckily, there's still time. :evilgrin:

BBC headline: Croatia put shambolic Argentina to the sword.

:biggrin:

I don't know what's going on round my Croatian mate's house, but I bet it's a mess. The Rakija will be out.

Croatia is going to be talking much smack for the next few years in the football world, and justifiably so. I never saw this one coming, just wowzers.

Yeah a great result for Croatia, very impressive and surprising.

Argentinians got rekt :D Congrats to Croatians, you deserve this win, you played much, much better. Messi and co. are only technically a team. I haven't seen such a bad team play in such high-ranking team in a while.

Brazilians usually don't root for Argentina in football, there is a long time rivalry in football here, although I usually don't partake of this. I was even rooting for them in 2014 World Cup final, just don't let @HiddenX; know that… ooops :)

But I root for Messi and I feel really sad for him. He's a great football player and he deserved a better team. I can surely say this Argentina from 2018 World Cup is one of the worst Argentina football teams I've ever seen. The team is plain bad.

As for Hrvatska, they played way way better than Argentina and deserved the victory. @BoboTheMighty; must be crazy (and drunk) now :)

Last edited:
Ivan summed it up perfectly, the Croatians took the field like a storm, and never let up the entire game. Any team that plays with that kind of intestinal fortitude just cannot be denied!! I try not to be mean, but the looks on the Argentinians faces after the match were just kind of priceless.

As i said a bad Argentinian team. With the worst dressed coach of the tournament. Croatia was always a good team . Somehow they manage to throw away whatever chances they have by fighting and arguing between themeselves(based on history).

I haven't decided yet what underdog i'm gonna support. I was always a supporter of Germany but now that they are favourites i'm looking for someone else.

I haven't decided yet what underdog i'm gonna support. I was always a supporter of Germany but now that they are favourites i'm looking for someone else.

"Now that they are favourites"? Aren't they always? No other team has such a stellar record of delivering in the large tournaments.

I'm rooting for Sweden of course. But Iceland really performs amazingly and are so bloody likeable they are my second pick.

I've always liked The Netherlands, but in their absence England is probably my third. What I won't root for are teams full of moviestars. Pepe is one but I don't think Portugal its anyway close to being the whorst offenders. Did anyone see Irans second game? THAT was a team full of actors.

Yes they were always canditates. But here in Greece, for various reasons everybody supports Brazil or Argentina or whatever. So i was the exception. Now everybody accepts the high quality of the German players and quite support them .

I could never support England. Good players, bad football and crazy expectations from English people.
About Netherlands i agree. They always bring some quality and fancy touch to the tournament and it's sad thay are out. Same goes for Italy, though i never supported them

Yes they were always canditates. But here in Greece, for various reasons everybody supports Brazil or Argentina or whatever. So i was the exception. Now everybody accepts the high quality of the German players and quite support them .

I could never support England. Good players, bad football and crazy expectations from English people.
About Netherlands i agree. They always bring some quality and fancy touch to the tournament and it's sad thay are out. Same goes for Italy, though i never supported them

England's football league has many of the best players in the world. Problem is, none of them are English.

That is so true about the United Kingdom team, sadly. Not many British on that squad at all these days.

You'll start ructions with that one - there's no UK team, only England, and the others didn't qualify. Pretty sure all the players are legitimately English, though.

You'll start ructions with that one - there's no UK team, only England, and the others didn't qualify. Pretty sure all the players are legitimately English, though.

I was talking about the English league not the team, the Premiere league has many of the best players in the world, but they're all imported.

I was talking about the English league not the team, the Premiere league has many of the best players in the world, but they're all imported.

Yes, I know. My reply was to Carnifex, who mentioned a United Kingdom team, without many British players on it. I thought he might have got his wires crossed.

What you say about the Premiere League is true, of course. If we could just field a team from any league players, we'd be in business!

Back
Top Bottom