The making of Alpha Protocol

Interesting thing though...what prevents Obs from doing "unofficial" follow up, even without IP ownership?
Setting was modern day world, they can easily carry what it was about without the characters ( which were solid, but not the main strength of the game).
From the creators of Alpha Protocol would have more weight than Alpha Protocol II...

This is one of my favourite unknown games, I found it surprisingly involving. Always hoped for a sequel up to modern standards.

Interesting thing though…what prevents Obs from doing "unofficial" follow up, even without IP ownership?
Setting was modern day world, they can easily carry what it was about without the characters ( which were solid, but not the main strength of the game).
From the creators of Alpha Protocol would have more weight than Alpha Protocol II

Oh, give Steven Heck a wee bit of love. And SIE...

But, seriously, why the hell Sega sits on the IP when clearly isn't willing to do anything with it?!

I think the reason Obsidian doesn't do a sequel is that it is pretty risky, and they are still an indie studio - one failed AAA game can ruin them financially.

I started playing this game, then encountered the hacking mini-game, and never touched it again. :(

Back
Top Bottom