Look away CD Projekt Red fans, issues with CDPR thread

Damian

SasqWatch
Original Sin 2 Donor

I didnt realize how bad the mismanagement is over there.

Disgruntled ex-employees complaining about things they didn't like doesn't indicate mismanagement.

Watch the video if you need convincing. Like there is like 60 percent of people leaving after every project, they dont get people to do documentation so every time someone leaves, it takes a long time to recover, there is a lot of miscommunication so the project takes even longer etc. etc.

Watch the video if you need convincing. Like there is like 60 percent of people leaving after every project, they dont get people to do documentation so every time someone leaves, it takes a long time to recover, there is a lot of miscommunication so the project takes even longer etc. etc.

I watched some of the video. It seems like the typical YouTube stuff a geek like him throws together to get his face on the internet.

An intelligent person can judge by the quality of their products whether there's any significant degree of "mismanagement" going on. A mismanaged company isn't going to consistently produce high-quality titles the way CD Projekt has over the course of a decade.

I watched some of the video. It seems like the typical YouTube stuff a geek like him throws together to get his face on the internet.

An intelligent person can judge by the quality of their products whether there's any significant degree of "mismanagement" going on. A mismanaged company isn't going to consistently produce high-quality titles the way CD Projekt has over the course of a decade.

Mismanagement isnt reflected in the quality of a game, it is reflected in the time it takes to create and update the game.

Agree with JDR. Mismanagement would be reflected in the quality of games. Games are top notch. Repeatedly.

Simply put, CDPR is in the business of making video games. They have done and are doing that quite well; thank you very much. So they have accomplished their business purpose extremely well. They are managing their business assets to successfully accomplish their business goals.

What we have here is failure to understand the meaning of "mismanagement".

__

Agree with JDR. Mismanagement would be reflected in the quality of games. Games are top notch. Repeatedly.

Simply put, CDPR is in the business of making video games. They have done and are doing that quite well; thank you very much. So they have accomplished their business purpose extremely well. They are managing their business assets to successfully accomplish their business goals.

What we have here is failure to understand the meaning of "mismanagement".

__

Then define mismanagement?

Give me a break Look it up yourself and then use your head to understand it.

Mismanage means "to manage badly or poorly". "Badly" can only be evaluated in light of goals. So here we have a business with a specific business purpose. If business assets are managed in a manner to successfully accomplish the business purpose then one cannot reasonably say that the business assets are being managed badly or poorly,

CDPR is successfully managing their assets to successfully accomplish their predefined business goals. That is successful management.

--

Give me a break Look it up yourself and then use your head to understand it.

Mismanage means "to manage badly or poorly". "Badly" can only be evaluated in light of goals. So here we have a business with a specific business purpose. If business assets are managed in a manner to successfully accomplish the business purpose then one cannot reasonably say that the business assets are being managed badly or poorly,

CDPR is successfully managing their assets to successfully accomplish their predefined business goals. That is successful management.

--

So if we apply your definition, what about how delayed Witcher 3 was, they did not reach a single one of their goal time frames in making the game. Doesnt that mean it was managed poorly? CDPR pays the lowest wages outside of Poland where some studios pay up to 4 times more than CDPR and they still rack up an 81 million dollar development cost, doesnt that mean it was mismanaged?

Or are you saying that as long as the company's goals are completed, it doesnt matter how much it costs or the time frame it expends to get there?

Sorry man, But its mismanagement of my time to try and have a reasonable discussion with you.

CDPR is doing an excellent job of managing their assets to accomplish their business goals. An excellent game is much higher priority than release date. If an excellent game is constructed and released in a reasonable time then CDPR is successfully accomplishing their business goals.

Whether they accomplish your goals or goals of other ppl is irrelevant. They are in the business of making video games. In a manner to a return a profit to the business. They've done that successfully. Not complicated,

End of discussion.

__

Sorry man, But its mismanagement of my time to try and have a reasonable discussion with you.

CDPR is doing an excellent job of managing their assets to accomplish their business goals. An excellent game is much higher priority than release date. If an excellent game is constructed and released in a reasonable time then CDPR is successfully accomplishing their business goals.

Whether they accomplish your goals or goals of other ppl is irrelevant. They are in the business of making video games. In a manner to a return a profit to the business. They've done that successfully. Not complicated,

End of discussion.

__

So to you mismanagement of a company is when the company doesnt get profits, got it. Agree to disagree.

To you having a discussion is putting words into other people's mouths.

Done here. Geez.

__

I have not put words into your mouth. What I said is exactly what this means:

Here's what I actually said:

That is a far cry from saying "mismanagement of a company is when the company doesnt get profits" as you incorrectly claimed I said.

Of course profits are important for a successful business, That is an element of what I said. But I clearly said much more than that.

Nevertheless it is broadly correct that a for profit business that is managed in a manner that it doesn't make profits is "mismanaged" according to anyone's definition. Even though that's not what I said, it does happen to be true.

__

I jumped to a random bit. It was complaining that employees were underpaid compared to what they get in western studios. I don't get paid what I would be offered on the west coast. So what?

Jumped to another random one. Cyberpunk didn't get started until later. Again, so what? It's their game. They can work on it as hard or as lightly as they want. I'm not a stockholder so I don't care.

Unless they are actually exploiting workers, which wouldn't be an easy thing to do in this case, or otherwise breaking the law then I don't really care. If they are having horrible internal issues then Cyberpunk will either not show up at all or will show up in terrible shape. If it's the latter, I'll find out long before I buy, so no big deal.

Here's what I actually said:

That is a far cry from saying "mismanagement of a company is when the company doesnt get profits" as you incorrectly claimed I said.

Of course profits are important for a successful business, That is an element of what I said. But I clearly said much more than that.

Nevertheless it is broadly correct that a for profit business that is managed in a manner that it doesn't make profits is "mismanaged" according to anyone's definition. Even though that's not what I said, it does happen to be true.

__

CDPR have failed every single internal timeline for Witcher 3, so clearly when you say "released in in a reasonable time", you dont mean that they keep to their time tables.

But I disagree with you assessment of what mismanaged is. Management is about efficiency, in the case of CDPR, they could release their games at a much faster rate and they could have spent far less money in making the game, so they could have gotten far greater profits. Now there is a certain amount of leeway beofre you can say a company is mismanaged, but clearly CDPR is beyond that.

I jumped to a random bit. It was complaining that employees were underpaid compared to what they get in western studios. I don't get paid what I would be offered on the west coast. So what?

You have to extrapolate to understand where it is mismanaged, he said that outside of Poland, developers are paid 2x-4x what CDPR pays. If you looks at CDPR's budget of 81 million, if you be conservative and double that and assume that marketing and everything didnt increase etc. You get about 150 million, do you think that price is too much for one game?

Jumped to another random one. Cyberpunk didn't get started until later. Again, so what? It's their game. They can work on it as hard or as lightly as they want. I'm not a stockholder so I don't care.

I must have missed that bit.

Unless they are actually exploiting workers, which wouldn't be an easy thing to do in this case, or otherwise breaking the law then I don't really care. If they are having horrible internal issues then Cyberpunk will either not show up at all or will show up in terrible shape. If it's the latter, I'll find out long before I buy, so no big deal.

That is fair enough.

CDPR have failed every single internal timeline for Witcher 3, so clearly when you say "released in in a reasonable time", you dont mean that they keep to their time tables.

But I disagree with you assessment of what mismanaged is. Management is about efficiency, in the case of CDPR, they could release their games at a much faster rate and they could have spent far less money in making the game, so they could have gotten far greater profits. Now there is a certain amount of leeway beofre you can say a company is mismanaged, but clearly CDPR is beyond that.

You're stubborn to the point of being obtuse. You have it in your head that CDP must be mismanaged yet that isn't even what the video is trying to indicate. The video is more about the perceived quality of the working environment as claimed by ex-employees.

Every company "could have" spent less money or reached a deadline faster for any given project. That doesn't make them mismanaged.

You're stubborn to the point of being obtuse. You have it in your head that CDP must be mismanaged yet that isn't even what the video is trying to indicate. The video is more about the perceived quality of the working environment as claimed by ex-employees.

Every company "could have" spent less money or reached a deadline faster for any given project. That doesn't make them mismanaged.

There is one main thing that convinces me that CDPR is mismanaged. They dont require devs to create documentation for what they are doing in the game. That to me is a major issue, all other devs are required to make some kind of documentation for their games. If there is no documentation, there is no way for the next person with the same job to continue easily so the game is halted. Everything else said in the video is minor.

Back
Top Bottom