Kingmaker - Lore Video & End of Crowdfunding

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Pathfinder: Kingmaker has a new update which announces the end of crowdfunding.

Dear Pathfinders,

We are very happy to bring you a brand new video today! Learn more about Golarion and the Stolen Lands from Paizo's very own Creative Director James Jacobs below!

Perhaps you have friends, who have voiced interest in Pathfinder: Kingmaker, but they're unfamiliar with the lore? Feel free to share this video and help them learn what the setting is all about!

Crowdfunding ends this Friday!

As previously announced, we are about to stop collecting money towards the unlocking of additional stretchgoals. As you all know, we are aiming to release the full version of Pathfinder: Kingmaker in late summer 2018. And that means there has to be a cutoff point, where we stop promising and adding new features in order to give ourselves enough time to complete the game. As of this moment, we're at a crowdfunding sum of about 1,080,000 USD. Unfortunately, this means that Hellknights didn't quite make it in time. Sorry!

Many of you have asked whether Hellknights could be added later via post-release DLC. While we can't promise it at this point, it's a possibility. We really enjoy working on this title and since many of you keep asking for post-release content, we need to consider it. The nature and amount of such content, however, remains to be determined at a later date. Please bear with us!

As our crowdfunding is coming to an end, so is our current offer of pre-order packages. They will be replaced by different pre-order packs, which can be purchased over on owlcatgames.com. Pathfinder: Kingmaker is also getting its very own Steam page in the coming days! A little while later, sometime around early June, pre-orders for Pathfinder: Kingmaker will also come to the Steam Store, followed by pre-orders on GoG within the first half of June.

[...]
More information.

So basically it's Faerûn with a name change to fend off the lawyers?

Isn't that what Pathfinder is all about?

I'm very looking forward to this and will likely install it day one, bugs or not.

I'm very eager to dive into a Forgotten Realms like world again which used a version of D&D.

Yeah, Pathfinder has always been Dungeons & Dragons with the serial numbers shaved off. They purchased the rights to the 3rd edition rules for D&D as it moved into 4th, but 4th was so ill received that everybody continued playing 3rd under the Pathfinder title. For a couple years it even outsold the well known juggernaut.

But if you missed it, there will be the dragons and giants in the game and also giants and dragons. :-D

But will there be Dungeons, and Lords, and Wars?

Nah, no wars. Probably a little violent diplomacy here and there.

I want a remastered Champions of Krynn / Pool of Radiance series!!!

Kingmaker's world map is very nice is what I liked best. Their concept paintings are dodgy and don't have that high-energy charge that enchanted me in case of Disciples 1 or looking at the Darksiders 1 stuff when it came out.

Yeah, Pathfinder has always been Dungeons & Dragons with the serial numbers shaved off. They purchased the rights to the 3rd edition rules for D&D as it moved into 4th, but 4th was so ill received that everybody continued playing 3rd under the Pathfinder title. For a couple years it even outsold the well known juggernaut.

As far as I understood it, the goal was not to have "D&D without its name",
but rather, to have some sort of "lightweight D&D".

Which ias why it became somewhat popular even here in Germany : As a "lightweight version" of it.

The only competor at the time was TDE 4th edition, and that's VERY simulation & math heavy.

As a consequence, TDE 5th edition was meant to be rather "lightweight" again, at least more than the 4th edition.

Nah, no wars. Probably a little violent diplomacy here and there.

I will never understand why there are no games out there with "no violence diplomacy".
I don't even understand the fetish to have wars in games at all.

And games without violence and a more social aspect - like Sim's Medieval - are badmouthed.

Back
Top Bottom