Sacred 3 - Available on Steam

aries100

SasqWatch
You can now buy Sacred 3 via Steam.

Sacred 3 is Now Available on Steam in most countries! Please see the store page for more information about your local release date.Sacred 3 is an arcade Hack ‘n' Slash game for up to 4 players. Choose a hero and fight cooperatively against the rise of evil. Victory is Ours. Glory is Mine.

More information.

They're still selling boxes of it here saying "First Edition". LOL

RPG buyers beware - there's a lot of people who blind bought this (not unreasonably) expecting it to be like Sacred 1 and 2 who are complaining on Steam. The key words up there are 'arcade hack and slash'.

RPG buyers beware - there's a lot of people who blind bought this (not unreasonably) expecting it to be like Sacred 1 and 2 who are complaining on Steam.
Sounds like the publisher achieved their goal, then. After all, that's exactly why you slap some old name onto some completely-garbage new game.

So far, this game has a 1.5 user rating on Metacritic.

I heard theres no loot as in you cant loot weapons and armour
Eurogamer review (5/10) says the game has no inventory, no NPCs, and no loot.

Maybe this is the next evolution of action RPGs after Diablo 3 streamlined out character development?

Ugh I hope not. Blizzard's killing of character building in both D3 and WoW is a huge turn off for me. I couldn't imagine going back to arcade games without toon building or loot.

Rock, Paper, Shotgun:

"Extraordinarily, in a move that strikes me as about the most foolish choice imaginable, this latest entry to the series has ditched any sense of gathering loot, and even the inventory. Instead, downed enemies will now only reward you with showers of health or energy orbs, and tiny scraps of gold (used to unlock skills). That core of Action RPGs, the compulsive, adorable chase for improved swords, hats and potions, is entirely gone. And replaced by nothing."

Wow ... I had lost track of this one after hearing it was heading down a non-RPG path ... guess I can merrily keep ignoring it until it is <$5 on Steam within 6 months and then marvel at how awful it is ...

Back
Top Bottom