We are the Plague - Available Q4 2019

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
We are the Plague is a turn-based fantasy RPG due 2020 which has a demo available now.

"I am the voice of the Plague, not your silly imagination. I am the only thing, that can save you from a long and painful process that inevitably leads to, let's say, dead for good. Without any chance to come back."

THE PLAGUE SPREADS...

The Plague is generous and bountiful. It will give you tools, it will give you a weapon. You will be changed, transformed into something else. Just submit...

You have chosen to serve the Plague. Driven by hatred traverse the scorched and devastated lands in search of a revenge. Be the part of a legion, devouring cities and all living creatures, play against humanity to achieve your own goal.

Creatures you meet during your journey are a living proof of an inevitable change the Plague will bring upon the Earth. Crooked, in constant pain, blind followers. Your body and mind turn too. You are a part of a disease, your bones grow into a weapon, mysterious objects give you a strange power....

...And there's this voice in your head

JOIN THE PLAGUE

• Single player story mode
  • Original, hand-drawn 2D graphics
  • Tactical, turn-based fighting system
  • RPG elements with character customization
  • Dedicated, ambient soundtrack
More information.

I want to see this once it is done. And maybe wait for some reviews. But it does look interesting.

This sounds like it could be a great deal of fun, assuming you can play a total jerk-off and be super mean to everyone. The concept of being part of a walking living disease sounds pretty intriguing.

it could be a great deal of fun, assuming you can play a total jerk-off and be super mean to everyone.

Well, this sounds pretty boring to me. :) But I agree that the game is pretty intriguing.

I like that mysterious and mocking Plague. I would just prefer…
- isometric game. Im not big fan of this kind of 2D view.
- story that is not about simple revenge. I hope it will be more intriguing.

Good points you bring up, Farflame, and I agree with them, especially the isometric comment. I personally have no problem with it, but I know plenty that will avoid products simply based on that alone.

Looks good, music is astonishingly good but the gameplay is seriously lacking. It appears to be based mostly on combat and the fact that there is lots of free movement and no attacks of opportunity means that it is difficult to keep the ranged fighter alive (or at least fighting). The needlessly complicated exploration mode with identical move/defend options feels clunky. UX needs to be streamlined to be fun to play.

Back
Top Bottom