Diablo 4 - [Rumour] Returning to Series Roots

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Wccftech reports on some possible Diablo 4 news.

Reddit user Practical Brush revealed the new details of the setting, which promises to be dark and gritty. Additionally, it seems like the world will be more open than ever, with characters possibly being able to ride horses and interact more with the environment.

Diablo 4 is actually going to look dark, gritty and gross - no more rainbow shiny bullshit this time! Loactions are toned down, infrequently laid with corpses, wasteland, greyish deserts, clut caves surrounded by flesh, rotten crypts, marshes and bogs, plagued cities you name it. They are also seemingly much bigger, maybe even open? Characters now are able to ride horses (possibly other mounts), also there's contextual interaction with environment ? - climbing a wall Lost Ark style. Blood splatters look more like blood and not splashed jam too.

[...]
More information.

I'd love 3D remake of first game, but with Blizzard? Not a chance, too far gone.

Hm, I'd say the chance of a Diablo remake is not even that low, following the example of Warcraft 3 reforged. But is that really worth it? For old Diablo fans, the original game is still pretty much playable, especially if you have a look at mods. All the new ones would not be satisfied by a remake.

Now about Diablo 4... well... back to the roots... able to ride horses... climbing walls... hmhmhm. That sounds more like the roots of Assassins Creed, than the roots of Diablo.

They probably mean that the staff canteen will go back to a carrot and potato based menu.

I managed to finish Diablo 3, but I can't say I enjoyed it very much. StarCraft was the last Blizzard game I truly enjoyed.

This doesnt really say much. Unless they go back to a deep core game experience, just changing visual style will not save the franchise. And they are owned by Activision so odds on this being like an old Blizzard game are close to zero.

Hm, I'd say the chance of a Diablo remake is not even that low, following the example of Warcraft 3 reforged. But is that really worth it? For old Diablo fans, the original game is still pretty much playable, especially if you have a look at mods. All the new ones would not be satisfied by a remake.

Now about Diablo 4… well… back to the roots… able to ride horses… climbing walls… hmhmhm. That sounds more like the roots of Assassins Creed, than the roots of Diablo.

Sacred 2 had rideable horses and very open world exploration combined with Diablo 2 combat and it worked very well.

Sacred 2 had rideable horses and very open world exploration combined with Diablo 2 combat and it worked very well.

Fair enough, it can work. I was just a bit sceptical about the "back to the roots" part.

Whatever they do, the game will sell like bottles of water in the desert. Personally, I wish the game took a turn towards being more of a RPG than a loot grinding machine based around fishing for the same few drops with better stats, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Nothing would excites me than the remastered version of Diablo 2.

Nothing would excites me than the remastered version of Diablo 2.

D2 was a great game, but wish it never happened. It set all the levelled loot/min maxing DPS grind in motion.

My co-op partner and I didn't finish Diablo 3; we got bored before the end.
We much preferred Torchlight 2 and Grim Dawn. Currently we're playing the Van Helsing games and thoroughly enjoying it.

I think Blizzard lost it a long time ago.

Looks like reskinned D3.
Hopefully they don't make the same mistake with level up and equipment that they did in D3.

I gotta admit, this looks promising to me. I really like the dark art style and grim setting. It reminds me of the fantasy Warhammer setting, which I'm a big fan of. I wonder if they took inspiration from that. Anyway, me being interested in a new Diablo game is even a surprise to me, lol.

I gotta say, even though I am not the biggest fan of their games -- last one I played and finished was Warcraft 3, I probably uninstalled Diablo 2 after 10 mins -- I have always really enjoyed their cinematic trailers. Some of the best in the industry, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom