KotOR Remake - What We Hope To See @ TR

Yes not as deep. A suitable comparison would be Dragon Age compared to say Pathfinder or BG games.
Reading this, it looks like it certainly won't improve:
Having a more modern style of gameplay with an action focus is a great way of making the game more accessible to these new gamers.

Perhaps we're a minority and CRPG market isn't large enough for big companies, or companies that are into games for the mass public. Which honestly is fine by me, I've lost my appetite for the gaming equivalent of fast food. I'd rather have a passionate team make that type of games.

But no prejudice, I'll wait for this KotOR remake to actually happen before making any judgment.

Me as well but we have to settle for the gronard Turn-based version from Owlcat.:cool:

Off-topic but I wonder if all future Owlcat games will be TB?o_O

(Don't hit the messenger but after Kingmaker it looks that way after Wrath.)
They've always been RTwP first, you shouldn't worry :)

WotR was RTwP until the beta. Now you can switch anytime between the two modes.

Their games are made for RTwP, even people who like TB use RT for the normal fights or it gets too long. Although... Owlcat is using TB for their Twitch streams but it may just be for the viewer's comfort.

Having a more modern style of gameplay with an action focus is a great way of making the game more accessible to these new gamers.

I'm having a hard time imagining KotOR being more accessible than it already was. It was fairly mainstream compared to Bioware's previous games.

I'm having a hard time imagining KotOR being more accessible than it already was. It was fairly mainstream compared to Bioware's previous games.
Exactly, that's what I'm thinking too but those aren't Aspyr's words, just the way William Worrall, the author of this article, elaborates an idea of what this company might do based on rumours. It seems to be a generic formula he picked somewhere and tried to stitch in the article, I just don't see how it would apply to this game (except removing the entire character stats to make it action-only, hardly a remake).

Exactly, that's what I'm thinking too but those aren't Aspyr's words, just the way William Worrall, the author of this article, elaborates an idea of what this company might do based on rumours. It seems to be a generic formula he picked somewhere and tried to stitch in the article, I just don't see how it would apply to this game (except removing the entire character stats to make it action-only, hardly a remake).

I'd be pretty surprised if they turned it into a straight action game, but I could see them doing something like Dragon Age: Inquisition where you only control 1 character at a time and your companions fight on their own.

If they did something like that, the companions being AI controlled or something, that would be enough for me to stick with the classic version. If it ain't broke, don't mess with it, tis my motto.

Agreed, it would be surprising and a bit sad, really. For us anyway. It wouldn't appeal to the people who enjoyed the original, on the other hand it may appeal to another category of players. But in that case, no point of calling that a remake and keeping the same title.

So much speculation ;)

Personally I'm not gonna get clung up on the details. If they go ahead with a remake, I just want it to be fun and accept it in whatever shape it comes. At this point I'm starting to see the same nitpicky attitudes with what the game should be or should have in some posts very reminiscent of what's going around BG3, and that repels me like cheap perfume.

I don't see anything wrong with people speculating about what a newly announced game may or may not contain. It's only natural that some will prefer certain ideas over others.

I don't see anything wrong with people speculating about what a newly announced game may or may not contain. It's only natural that some will prefer certain ideas over others.
I don't either, after all I'm guilty too :D
Just find it funny, it's really going off in all directions. It's really in our nature indeed.

It's just slightly more interesting to have an opinion about things that are known than making up features for the game and going on about how hard it would turn your world if that feature actually existed, but I mean.. knock yourselves out, not like you're committing a crime. <_<

Back
Top Bottom