What do you focus on when creating a character?

What do you focus on when creating a character?

• Ability Stats (STR, CON, DEX, etc)

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Overall Avatar Stats (HP, MP, SP, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Skills (Cleave, Heals, Lockpick, etc)

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Backstory (Ancestry, Previous Careers, etc)

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Appearance (Gender, Body, Hair, etc)

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Other (Let us know)

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
Same as many, I voted 'other' - when I am starting a game I try to understand the premise and context to decide how I 'see myself operating within the game world'. Based on that I decide class archetype, gender, alignment, stat focus, skill focus, race, and eventually a bit about appearance (never cared enough to really fuss too much).

No comments from those voting for Skills?

Backstory is the most important for me together with the look - I realized that recently, when I was creating and recreating characters in an MMO - those characters, where I could assing a backstory to them, became my favourite. I even changed the class, to fit that backstory. And I wish all RPG games would allow me to do that - to generate my own backstory and my own character story development. That leads to my ultimate RP wishlist. Skyrim/Fallout 4 with the mods started this - allowing me to start everywhere with set of skills and outfit fitting that. So I wish all single character focus games would allow me to do that - games like Witcher 3, more RP Fallout 4 or MMOs or generally open world detailed fantasy RPG.
I don't understand why nobody does that? Also that is why I feel sad when people say that Skyrim is only about exploration and not RPG at all - actually it is one of the few games allowing you to choose atleast between 2 factions - why nobody does that anymore ? Now Piranha Bytes new Elex have description like taken from Bioware, but worse copy. So the promise of Todd for Starfield is the only RPG I can look for...

Back
Top Bottom