Out There: Oceans of Time - Gameplay Trailer

This actually looks like it could be ok... though that title screen made me think it was another Outer Worlds DLC at first!

I really like how polished and smooth the game looks in the video. Managing that cargo thing with that chemical stuff doesnt seem super interesting though.

Sounded good till I watched the trailer and lost all interest.

I played the shit out of the first one on my phone, when on holiday with some relatives. It saved my life. Original wasn't an RPG, though.
There's a PC port of that one now, but this one looks like Out There 3D-ized and on steroids.
I'm totally going to get it.

I played the shit out of the first one on my phone, when on holiday with some relatives. It saved my life. Original wasn't an RPG, though.
There's a PC port of that one now, but this one looks like Out There 3D-ized and on steroids.
I'm totally going to get it.

Cool. So...what about that ship chemical element stuff?
If its annoying, how bad is it? Is the game more of a puzzle game due to that?

Cool. So…what about that ship chemical element stuff?
If its annoying, how bad is it? Is the game more of a puzzle game due to that?
The elements stuff was kinda essential to the gameplay in the original.
Everything has a cost. You use up fuel and oxygen for any kind of travelling. You use metal minerals to repair your hull, which can get damaged by e.g. entering a planet's atmosphere, or getting too close to a sun. Various elements can be used to create or repair modules that add functionality or bonuses.

There is an inventory management aspect where modules use up slots, so the more cool shit you add to your craft the less elements etc you can carry.

You can mine planets for minerals and fuel, or do some risky stuff like scooping a star for fuel (but say goodbye to some of your hull). You can get oxygen and other gases from planets with atmosphere.

There are some choose-your-own-adventure style encounters on occasion. These can reward you (e.g. you find an abandoned ship you can take over if it's better than your current) or penalise you (e.g. you meet some alien creature who steals half your hydrogen if you choose the wrong response).

The core gameplay is fairly simple, but this sequel looks a lot more complex.

The elements stuff was kinda essential to the gameplay in the original.
Everything has a cost. You use up fuel and oxygen for any kind of travelling. You use metal minerals to repair your hull, which can get damaged by e.g. entering a planet's atmosphere, or getting too close to a sun. Various elements can be used to create or repair modules that add functionality or bonuses.

There is an inventory management aspect where modules use up slots, so the more cool shit you add to your craft the less elements etc you can carry.

You can mine planets for minerals and fuel, or do some risky stuff like scooping a star for fuel (but say goodbye to some of your hull). You can get oxygen and other gases from planets with atmosphere.

There are some choose-your-own-adventure style encounters on occasion. These can reward you (e.g. you find an abandoned ship you can take over if it's better than your current) or penalise you (e.g. you meet some alien creature who steals half your hydrogen if you choose the wrong response).

The core gameplay is fairly simple, but this sequel looks a lot more complex.

Alrighty, thanks!
Yeah, I was more looking forward to the chose your own adventure stuff, exploring and turn based combat.

Got a key from the developer two weeks ago, and streamed in my channel, the game is very fun and in my opinion takes the first one and improve it. The posibility to descend to the surface of some planets with a party of members with different abilities in order to recover materials and get random quests and encounters is very cool.

Cool. So…what about that ship chemical element stuff? If its annoying, how bad is it? Is the game more of a puzzle game due to that?

The game puts together many elements. Its generally like Star Control with better exploration of planets and without combat. There are some gamebook-style events and quests. There are survival elements. Management of the ship. Main story.
It probably wont have s not the best or deepest gameplay but some good elements are there.

Back
Top Bottom