Kingmaker - Hotfix 1.1.1c released

So whats up? No comments on this thread? Best game ever, best hotfix ever? How about some tips on another class roll? Remember - we need as much Kingmaker threads going on as possible!

@Zogar Sag; No one is forcing you to read the thread :rolleyes:

Got the idea you don't like the game.

I never said Kingmaker is the best game ever either. But it is a fantastic game :)

But I indeed think we need a Pathfinder: Kingmaker subforum.

Yay, they fixed the UW problem with the Kingdom UI - nice.

I love my monitor - but there's no denying the lack of UW support in several games has been quite the pain.

Now we are talking!
BTW I didn't said that I dont like the game, actually haven't played it that much - stopped because of horrendous loading times.

Now we are talking!
BTW I didn't said that I dont like the game, actually haven't played it that much - stopped because of horrendous loading times.

Bah, get back to playing it - it's pretty great.

Certainly the most authentic PnP experience in ages. I don't know if it holds up from start to finish (only somewhere in Chapter 2 - even after dozens of hours) - but if it does, it's probably the best D&D singleplayer game out there.

Loading times are a pain, certainly - but that's more or less par for the course for these games.

I can't be the only one remembering the old BG/BG2 loading screens? :)

Bah, get back to playing it - it's pretty great.

Certainly the most authentic PnP experience in ages. I don't know if it holds up from start to finish (only somewhere in Chapter 2 - even after dozens of hours) - but if it does, it's probably the best D&D singleplayer game out there.

Loading times are a pain, certainly - but that's more or less par for the course for these games.

I can't be the only one remembering the old BG/BG2 loading screens? :)

I will get back to it, sure!
Though I cannot understand why this game is so badly coded or optimized to have such loooong loading times - its not Kingdom Come Deliverance, what there is to load?!

Damn they better not now I'm worried.:uneasy:

It's working as intended now. People who played it earlier had an advantage, like @Maylander; . I lost one even before this hot fix (damn you, Owlcats with your design decision!)

Though I cannot understand why this game is so badly coded or optimized to have such loooong loading times - its not Kingdom Come Deliverance, what there is to load?!

All the items you leave behind in every single local map (with the exception of random encounter maps).

How many Unity CRPGs with insane data managment requirements have you coded, dear sir? :)

Kingmaker is one of the most ambitious games in recent times when it comes to the data structure. The amount of crap they have to keep track of is mindboggling - and they're using Unity to boot.

If you want something that's actually bad in terms of performance and what it's doing - you should check out Underworld Ascendant :)

Again, think back to games like Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment. Can you remember those loading screen with little visuals that were slowly filled out? Stuff was actually loaded during those displays :)

Again, think back to games like Baldur's Gate and Planescape Torment. Can you remember those loading screen with little visuals that were slowly filled out? Stuff was actually loaded during those displays :)

I dont think remembering how slow old game were loading back then is an excuse to modern age game.

Did you somehow miss the bit with Unity engine and insane amount of things the game tracks?

How many Unity CRPGs with insane data managment requirements have you coded, dear sir?

Kingmaker is one of the most ambitious games in recent times when it comes to the data structure. The amount of crap they have to keep track of is mindboggling - and they're using Unity to boot.

I dont think remembering how slow old game were loading back then is an excuse to modern age game.

I think you're confusing my point with an excuse.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but in the "old days" some games loaded very quickly - and some didn't.

After Harddisks became the norm - and games were installed on them, loading times for games have remained more or less the same in the grand scheme of things - because data requirements have grown naturally with hardware capacity.

Yes, yes - SSDs have made a difference - but we're still limited by hardware in this way.

Some games load fast today - and some games load slowly.

I gave you an example of very, very similar games that loaded slowly in the past.

I'm not sure why that's an excuse - but whatever floats your boat.

I guess you know how to make data appear in memory without delay - so you should probably consider informing developers of your magic. It would be of great help to us all! :)

Sorry, cant replay you anymore, must run to taxi. But I get what you mean.

Btw I recently upgraded my HDD to SSD and moved Kingmaker there hoping to speed things up. But if it improved anything, its below my distinctive ability. On the other hand I think after the patch loading times improved quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom