Heads rolling at Ubisoft

Are you going to allow blatant and repeated anti-semitism on this forum, moderators? I can use ignore, sure, but I would think this would not be an individual's problem to deal with.

Agreed.

I do not have mod powers for this forum. Have you reported the posts to a mod using the 'report post' feature? If not please do so.

I do not have mod powers for this forum. Have you reported the posts to a mod using the 'report post' feature? If not please do so.

Yes, and they've been removed. Thanks mods.

Even more execs got axed this time it's Yannis Mallat the Managing Director of Ubisoft’s Canadian studios. The PR makes it sounds likes he's stepping down peacefully.

Link - https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/ubisoft-reports-personnel-changes-after-misconduct-claims-1.1463956
And excuse me for somehow forgetting to add the link to the story:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ing-arthur-game-was-nixed-by-ex-creative-head
I was wondering what game Laidlaw was working on after the announcement last year. Thankfully the Exec made the right call this time as that game is an abomination.

We don't need more online Monster Hunter games.:p

the creative director who got sacked for misbehavior also cancelled a game from Dragon Age creator who went working for Ubisoft briefly.

Wouldn't be that surprised if this little incident was not about the game's quality…
… but much more about a director with deep French heritage not allowing a game with deep English heritage… :)

… but much more about a director with deep French heritage not allowing a game with deep English heritage… :)

Doesn't sound unlikely to me ...

Time for more Ubisoft PR damage control.:biggrin:

The September edition of Ubisoft Forward will start shortly. We designed it as a time for developers and players to come together to celebrate a shared passion for games. However, in the light of recent events and issues that have surfaced at Ubisoft our CEO Yves Guillemot would like to say a few words before the event begins.

That dude always looks like a sleeze-ball. Also, I love it that the top of the company almost never has to take real responsability for his employees.

Takes a page out of the book of Canadas Prime Minister :)
Step 1. Never answer a question. Instead repeat high level intent statements that can't be proven or verified.
Step 2. Don't refute facts. Instead give long speeches about the way you wish the world would look. Feel free to completely disconnect this from reality.
Step 3. If cornered, always find a way to shift the blame to an individual within your party, the system, or the general public.
Step 4. Profit....?

It is a marvelous strategy.

Lol. Fortunately for me at that stage, it was the free one.

Or the one one my brother in law got after 6 months, "I am quitting your case. Here's my bill and here's another lawyer you can hire instead." Repeat until bankrupt and the other party has nothing more they can mortgage and decides to settle.

What exactly did they do that the CEO has to apologize? Is this like Major League Team Sports before the US election?

Poor Guillemot, he's so unlucky. Always a victim.
I still remember (IIRC) 30 years ago it was pirates who almost destroyed him and his company.

Someone should to pass a law 4+4 max years of being a CEO.

Back
Top Bottom