Witcher 3 - Gets Cross Saves with Switch

[removed]

@Eye; feel free to delete this or move to a new thread as you see fit.

[comment moderator: Diy. ]

[removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
[removed, off-topic]

Last edited by a moderator:
I must say I am tempted to double the penalty

STAY-ON-TOPIC.
See thread title and first post (from Silver).

Also, please, for anyone wishing to help me by pointing out to people that their content is off-topic and should be posted elsewhere: just hit the report button to the right of every post and leave it to a moderator or administrator.
Your text is also polluting the thread and has also nothing to do with the topic.

Consider me strict and stern.

Last edited:
It got lost in my massive post above - but I felt that the game already looked pretty good on the Switch (remember I only play as a handheld, never as a console) ... so I was happy that they have tweaked the graphics so you get better looking stuff everywhere with no performance penalty. No - it is still not as good looking as on my PC, but it is stunning for a Switch game!

Looks are one thing (nice-to-have) but what about controls? Do the Switch controls work well for Witcher 3, rather than Mouse + Keyboard?

Looks are one thing (nice-to-have) but what about controls? Do the Switch controls work well for Witcher 3, rather than Mouse + Keyboard?

While I have always managed to play on handhelds and tablets without a huge issue ... nothing will ever compare to keyboard and mouse for me. That has been a problem with some games on the Switch, particularly fast paced shooters - depending on the control scheme, of course. Wolfenstein worked well, Jedi Knight II did not.

But two things about this:
- I am playing it as a handheld, which always means a trade-off, but for me the Switch is the best handheld controller by far.
- The Witcher 3 was enormously successful on XBOne and PS4 as well as PC, and was praised for the controls. The Switch has essentially the same controller layout and number of buttons as an XBOne controller, so it is similar in that regard.

I'm playing it on PC with a controller and it's really good, except for the worse menu navigation which really benefits from the mouse, and some keyboard shortcuts (inventory, quest log) which are missing. For gameplay you don't really need a mouse since there is not a lot of aiming. You do have a crossbow but if you target-lock the enemy it will auto aim.

Back
Top Bottom