Genshin Impact - Races past $1 Billion on Mobile

Maybe let's try to get off this track. I think it's a shame if contentious topics get bogged down in personal stuff.

Now I'm interested - what "questionable" games you are referring to?

I don't have a list or anything, but just games that to me, stray far enough away to qualify as what most might consider a "RPG".

I just have noticed it in general, and since the subject came up, wanted to comment. It's like, occasionally I will see a game where I say to myself, WTF?, and that seems to have been happening more in recent year or the past couple years or so.

That said, it's not that a big of a deal, and it's not hard to skip those news stories. I do appreciate what the volunteers who post news here do.

Just a quick broad example, I do see a lot more JRPG style games being covered, when before, you would hardly ever see that genre covered. Now, that is why I brought up personal taste, because I'm not one to try to impose my taste here.

I think if there is a way to filter certain games so that those who are not interested in them don't have to see them, that seems very sensible and a good solution. If someone could explain how to do that, I would be grateful.

I think if there is a way to filter certain games so that those who are not interested in them don't have to see them, that seems very sensible and a good solution. If someone could explain how to do that, I would be grateful.
Click on the three lines next to the news label on top of the front-page. Then you simply pick what news you want to show up on the front-page. It was implemented years ago.

"This mod" that is only a news-editor and steam curator will continue to report newsbits about Genshin Impact, so you have to live with that or change your daily RPG News site.

Don't you listen to such slander! Me and many here are well aware and grateful for your daily efforts, and happy about it most of the time. You may now have noticed that GI is a matter of some contention among your/our community - and pretty please continue doing as you damn well please, because I wouldn't have it any other way. Especially since you're also willing to engage in such an exciting exchange about it - where's the gain in investing in a community that shares all your opinions?

All part of the non-paid job I'm afraid to say. I stuck with it for almost three years in the past, and it came to the point I had enough. With me it was crowdfunding news.

Honestly, it's not as if there are that many newsbits posted here that they would need to be filtered. It literally takes about 5 seconds to scan the list on any given day and pick out what interests you.

I think there were no negative replies to news about Genshin Impact patch 1.3 and 1.4 news. In fact, I believe there were no replies at all, people not interested could just ignore them, and that's how it works best.

What has been criticized in this thread is that the news are about mobile gacha sales, which in the opinion of some readers is unsavory and unbecoming of a quality Rpg site that to me used to be a love letter to a more cultivated audience than the average rpg News site. Not anymore, sadly, and not only because of this thread, as others have pointed out.

And even then, the people like me who don't want to get shoved in their faces how many gachas miHoYo sold or how many millions did Ubisoft make selling AC loot boxes, can also just ignore it. But it was still a valid point of debate in my opinion.

Now since the person in charge of the news said it is how it is and it's not going to change, and invited those that don't like it to find a different news outlet, there is no more debate, but at least we know where we all stand.

There is little else for me to say in the topic other than it's pretty clear I don't enjoy when games are designed especifically to predate on people's addictions but that's beating on a dead horse at this point so sorry not sorry if I offended anyone by pointing at Genshin Impact's lack of morality and how I wish this wasn't something to be celebrated.

I tolerated paid in game enhancements in Everquest for about two years, and then I finally quit, which was six years ago, now. I've gone back twice to date simply to replay classic servers, but I do not ever succumb to the ploy of buying power. Even were I a millionaire, I wouldn't go that route, the practice alone is nauseating to me.

Just a quick broad example, I do see a lot more JRPG style games being covered, when before, you would hardly ever see that genre covered. Now, that is why I brought up personal taste, because I'm not one to try to impose my taste here.

More JRPGs-newsbits are posted here over the last years, because many eastern devs are releasing JRPGs not only an console, but as well on the PC nowadays.
Other changes in the market are more Souls-like games and much more rogue-likes, procedural generated content RPGs, more low-pixel RPGs and more indie-RPGs.
Yes and more loot-box, Gacha, DLC-RPGs as well.

RPGWatch reports about PC-RPGs of all flavors, we don't create the market, we post news about it. I don't like every development myself, but we are not in a position to change it. (Maybe a little bit, with our Steam curation, but not on a grand scale).
So don't kill the messenger of the news, if you don't like the news.

If we restrict our news to "pure" RPGs like Baldur's Gate 3, Solasta, Wasteland 3 etc. we would end up like the RPG Codex with five newsbits in a week. I'm pretty sure RPGwatch would then just fade away.

Jesus. I should have known to not reply to one of your posts again.

I always appreciate people not replying to my posts. Thank you.

... And now you will call me a sock puppet :p

KingQavi tried playing Genshin Impact as a whale and on a f2p account - and f2p is way more fun:

Back
Top Bottom