What games are you playing now?

Pladio, I must say that I'm also not a fan of the second or third Risen games. The only game from the series that I've ever replayed was the first one, and I don't see that ever changing. For me, it was easily the best in the series.

Pladio, I must say that I'm also not a fan of the second or third Risen games. The only game from the series that I've ever replayed was the first one, and I don't see that ever changing. For me, it was easily the best in the series.

I feel like I should not have played Elex prior to Risen 3. It was superior in almost every way to me.

Oh well, I guess it happens.

Started no man sky - first play. Sad to learn it has no end game but will probably play a little to see how it opens up. Right now is a bit frustrating because you can only save by entering your ship and so I can never wonder too far as frequently i have to drop entertainment and do other stuff.

Playing Gorky 17 which I found to be well designed and clever. Its essentially (classic) Resident Evil with (clever) turn based combat, including some puzzles. There is a wide range of melee and ranged weapons (but limited ammo), and wide variety of enemies and their armour levels and element protection (from fire for example) that you have to discover.

Characters gain experience during combat and improve their particular weapon level from repeated use. Experience is then used to level up characters (health, accuracy, counter .. etc.). Combat is hard and require thought to the different types of enemies with limited resources you have. You can modify the battle field slightly (push crates, create fire pits, etc.).

Brilliant atmosphere, clever and tough turn based combat - excellent little gem.

I moved from Assassin's Creed Odyssey to Two Worlds II. I play this game every couple years and still enjoy it. Honestly, the graphics hold up pretty well for such an old game.

I moved from Assassin's Creed Odyssey to Two Worlds II. I play this game every couple years and still enjoy it. Honestly, the graphics hold up pretty well for such an old game.

Didn't they update the graphics a couple years ago though?

Didn't they update the graphics a couple years ago though?
Yeah they finally enabled DX-11/12 and other options that were greyed out since it's release. The weather system was finished and enabled also after a few years.:nod:

Yeah they finally enabled DX-11/12 and other options that were greyed out since it's release. The weather system was finished and enabled also after a few years.:nod:

I thought they did an additional update besides those things. It was when the Call of the Tenebrae DLC was released. That's when they updated it to Two Worlds II "HD".

I thought they did an additional update besides those things. It was when the Call of the Tenebrae DLC was released. That's when they updated it to Two Worlds II "HD".
Yes but some of those options still weren't fully implemented till the Call of the Tenebrae DLC. The textures and lightning got an overhaul also. Not a big difference though.

Problem is they didn't post an updated FAQ of the changes. At least one I can find.

Only this.
The report cited that the engine update will feature better details in character models and game environment, as well as new in-game features and upgrades as well as achievements.

I started Spellforce 3 some days ago and I'm positively surprised.
If you can handle some RTS, you might want to give it a shot.

I fired up Tahira finally, I've had it for years and never got around to playing it. I've put maybe eight hours in so far, and I like it a lot. It reminds me of Telepath Tactics in the overall setup and also Banner Saga, so yeah, it certainly doesn't suck. One of the battles took me almost two hours to complete.

Yep, Tahira is an awesome little gem!

I am currently playing Dead Age, which is another little Indie Game. It looks pretty cheap and it's pretty much like a "phone game". However, it is quite deep and requires more tactics and especially a better strategy than some other Roguelites I played recently.

After finishing Tahira this morning, I looked on my not-played list, planned on firing up Dragon Quest Eleven....then saw I'd still not played Cosmic Star Heroine, so that one got the nod. I've only played maybe an hour so far, but I'm really enjoying it, reminds me of Phantasy Star era games.

I fired up Tahira finally, I've had it for years and never got around to playing it. I've put maybe eight hours in so far, and I like it a lot. It reminds me of Telepath Tactics in the overall setup and also Banner Saga, so yeah, it certainly doesn't suck. One of the battles took me almost two hours to complete.

Thanks carnifex. I've never heard of this one but it looks interesting, and I find I tend to like the games you are generally positive about so I'll look into this one. :)

My views on Tahira took a turn for the worse later on though, after experiencing opposition forces simply materializing in front of me or jumping off cliffs without dying to assault my squad from unexpected areas. I did like the story and all the past and present threads coming together, but those opposition mechanics left a very nasty imprint on my brain.

Hrm, didn't have any of these bad impressions. I had a lot of fun with these challenging fights and optimizing them.

This is one for the last couple of battles on a map, maybe you can pinpoint on what you mentioned in your comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXE7MSy9c_o

I don't think he is required to progress the story right? Now I am struggling with Nergigante lol. Getting one shot by his dive bomb. I need more armour!

Sorry, I got distracted!

You've probably got Nergigante beat by now?

I still haven't had a look at the Spring event, either, but I don't really want a butterfly costume for my gruff old avatar…. Wait, what am I saying?! Of course I want a butterfly costume!!

What skills does the costume give, anyway? Is the event over?

edit: Looks like the Witcher 3 content just came out? Patching 3.2GB! I think I want Witcher armour even more than a butterfly costume!

Major Content
Monster Hunter: World and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt collaboration content is now on Steam! Check the news for more details!
https://steamcommunity.com/games/582010/announcements/detail/1604881424501527937

Last edited:
@SirJames;

Been busy, so haven't been playing it much :(

Yes, I did beat Nergigante!! :D I think the spring event finishes on 16th... the spring armour set isn't really special, it just look pretty on female characters, thats all! Personally, I prefer Kadichi set.

Decided to uninstall NMS, nothing left for me to do there except building bases which isn't fun like house building in Sims.
Because of recent Pathfinder and Grimshade playthrough, and I'm waiting Fell Seal to get polished a bit more…

I needed something different from all of them so I started Shadow of the Tomb Raider couple of days ago. The full (Croft) edition.
And I have no idea why critics were harsh towards it. Everything in it so far is fun and there aren't (at least doesn't seem there are) rubbish online survival modes like in it's predecessor. Wait… No mmo. Sometimes you need to write things to realize something. Of course in today's world critics pan if not mmo. Idiots.

So far the main story is interesting, there are sidequests with nice rewards, challenges aren't annoying as in previous entires but are finally used as filler variety to do in a world. The world where trashmobs respawn indefinetly. That's the game's biggest sin so far, but luckily, most of trashmobs ignore you so you as well ignore them and actually play the game instead of grind the game.
An example of a challenge is shooting 5 barrels of flamable content. Explosions are fun (unless overdone like in Bay's movies) and these barrels are painted red and scattered accross the jungle which is all green so you can spot them from a moon. Sounds mundane, but hell I loved completing that "challenge". :D

Performance is smooth on my side (probably thanks to GTX1070) except at some spots a microstutter happens on loading which is acceptable if you ask me (noticed only two such points on the map). The game has motion blur turned on by default so make sure you switch that bullshit off before starting the game.

Something not seen elsewhere is voiceovers mixture. You can turn one langueage vo for everyone, but can also opt to keep an appropriate language on people depending on their location. So Lara will speak english while NPCs will speak spanish if in Peru for example. Yes, subtitles will still be all in one language. I love it.

The difficulty is chosen separately for combat, puzzles and exploration. Won't detail all differences, but you need to know is that combat if set on easy provides autoaim. I'd kiss whomever dev who finally understands why mushrooms sukk and why is autoaim=easy.
k+m controls are awsome. Absolutely nowhere I felt something is mapped on a wrong key. Well, except deep diving where you need to hold w, press space when on an edge of certain spots above water, then hold c. Since this is just an optional effect, I won't be holding grudge on it. ;)

Can't wait to return to it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom