Black Geyser Gameplay Video Posted

Well at least it appears not to be vaporware like some suspected.

It actually looks decent despite obviously being highly derivative.

Just as an update to another Kickstarter, I'd have no problem with this. A bit of dodgy voice acting is the sort of thing I'd expect from an indie project. Looks like about what you'd expect after a year of development (though not too far from what they showed a year ago.)

But my beef wasn't that I thought this was a scam, as such, just that they were blaggers. I don't see much here to dissuade me of the notion that the claim the game was "almost complete" and "just in need of a final polish" was BS.

So is this a giant mod for Pillars of Eternity?

I've just finished watching the video - it looks decent enough. I can live with the amateur voice acting although I wish they will replace the current sound effects though. What bothered me a lot is the pathfinding though - it looks worse than other similar games, at 5:35, the female character was literally walking on the same spot for a few seconds.

They really need to do updates like this more often as well.

@Morrandir; Will you be playing beta version in Nov 2019?

I think at the end of the day they have a game and it will be released. But they are poor communicators and will likely miss lots of upcoming milestones. I'm fine with big delays if it results in polish. The art department is definitely doing their job. I think the sound effects, voice acting and much of the music (the title theme) is simply not at the same level.

What is a blagger? I did consult en.wiktionary, but didn't gete much wiser.

pibbur who

Ah, British colloquialisms :biggrin: A blagger is quite similar to a bluffer, but with a bit more of a connotation of trying to get something by not being entirely honest.

In the case of this KS, I felt it was rather like being with a group of friends, and someone comes along trying to sell you timeshares. If they decide to purchase, they might eventually get some sort of timeshare - but from everything the rep is saying, and the answers that don't add up, I just had a very strong impression that the guy was not on the level.

@Morrandir; Will you be playing beta version in Nov 2019?
I generally don't play betas. Till now I remained steadfast to this principle and I don't see why I should make an exception for Black Geyser. Also in November I'll most likely play the new Star Wars game.
The only thing I'll try as soon as possible in RPGs like this (even if it's a beta) is the character generation so I can plan my character.

I see - was just curious if any Watchers have pledged enough to get a beta access.

Ah, then no. :D

Back
Top Bottom