Cyberpunk 2077 - In-Game Teaser Clip

Yeah, it's the tone, not the gameplay. Just hoping it's not all going to be that smartarse tough-guy gangster shtick. Might just be the trailer.

Yeah, it's the tone, not the gameplay. Just hoping it's not all going to be that smartarse tough-guy gangster shtick. Might just be the trailer.
Yeah I hope so too. After this trailer I'm less hyped. I almost never buy on release anyway, but this became a definite wait and see for me.

Can these degenerates from IGN and other sites make videos without their narcissoid rubbish chat and faces, but instead show only the game itself?

Yeh, always a big turn off when i watch this kinda clips.

Can these degenerates from IGN and other sites make videos without their narcissoid rubbish chat and faces, but instead show only the game itself?

Kotaku to the rescue: no commentary gameplay.
(Maybe it was posted already in one of the many threads, but I guess it fits here anyways.)

More articles and another interview video.

Summer of Gaming 2020 Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Interview

Cyberpunk 2077's lead quest designer Pawel Sasko joined us to give us some details on CD Projekt Red's massively anticpated open-world RPG. He explains how the lifepath a player selects for V will affect where their campaign begins in Night City, which questlines will be available, and how such a branching narrative will tackle multiple endings. We also discussed romance options, customizeable genitalia, graphical expectations on PC, current gen, and next-gen hardware, and lots more.
Diving Deep Into The First Hours Of Cyberpunk 2077 - Game Informer
With only one afternoon in a game that will no doubt offer dozens, if not hundreds, of hours of potential playtime, it was challenging to get a complete picture of progression, gameplay flow, and the feel of gunplay and combat as new perks and weapons unlock. Nonetheless, I came out of my demo time blown away by the scope of what CD Projekt Red is attempting with the game, and similarly impressed by the depth of its RPG systems. This is a rich and nuanced game well worth the long wait we’ve had to play it. If you’ve been wondering if the game can really be as big and complex as early looks have implied, our time playing made it abundantly clear that the game really is an especially ambitious and massive game – now it’s just a matter of seeing how the final version comes together.
Our Five Biggest Takeaways From Our Four Hours - Game Informer
We went hands-on with the game for four hours to see how it was shaping up and walked away astounded by the ambitious scope and vast gameplay flexibility. While we ended our time feeling like we barely scratched the surface of this massive endeavor, we did get a sense of what to expect. Here are our biggest takeaways from our hands-on demo, which allowed us to experience the prologue, see life paths for player character V, play through a story mission, and check out some of the activities in the world.
After Four Hours, I'm as Happy as Concerned - Gamepressure
There's a good chance this will be a similar release to The Witcher 3, and that the pros will significantly outweigh the cons. Did horse racing or repeatable character models bury Wild Hunt? Certainly not. On the other side of the coin, we've had a fantastic story with great dialogs. I expect the same scenario to repeat this time, but it will also be much more difficult than it was with Geralt. There's a lot of uncharted territories for CDPR in Cyberpunk 2077, and they'll need quite an effort to match their opus magnum, The Witcher 3. Chances are, of course, that it will actually happen, but as I mentioned at the beginning, there's many question marks still. Given my immense sympathy for this team, I hope they will all be answered.
Freedom, master world-building, and customisable genitalia - GamesRadar
From this very first hands-on with Cyberpunk 2077, which saw me play through the opening four or so hours of the game, it's clear that CD Projekt Red isn't shying away from building a living world once again, but this time it's doing it on a bigger scale than ever before with Night City. This is a bustling metropolis oozing with neon and danger that has its own rhythms and life outside of what you're doing as V. I spent a little too much time watching civilians meander down the street (with a refreshing array of realistic body types, I might add) and staring at strangers having conversations that I could interrupt if I so chose, or just wandering around watching various side-missions, bounties, and other activities pop up like some kind of urban acne breakout.
Cyberpunk 2077 hands-on: 8 points for RPG fans - RPG Site
There’s a lot of questions to be answered about Cyberpunk 2077. The biggest question is, of course, if it’s any good. Coming off the back of The Witcher 3, one of the most highly regarded RPGs of all time, CD Projekt RED has a lot to live up to.

The release is fast approaching, and even in the wake of another delay Night City feels so close that we can practically taste it. We’ve now been hands on, playing the game from character creation through four hours of story, side content and open-world exploration.

Rather than a traditional preview, we thought we’d have an internal conversation on the RPG Site team, coming up with questions we figured RPG fans might want answered from that hands-on. So, here’s our hands-on impressions with the biggest RPG of 2020, Cyberpunk 2077.
Cyberpunk 2077 hands-on - VG247
I’ve just been shot in the head, execution-style. It’s a convenience store stick-up gone horribly wrong, and my character doesn’t even have time to scream before the screen whites out. Then the view snaps back to reality and I’m still alive. The protagonist, V, screams, ripping off future-tech virtual reality apparatus, hyperventilating.
Cyberpunk 2077 interview with Tomasz Marchewka - VG247
After our hands-on, we had a chance to hop on a call with Tomasz Marchewka, lead story writer at CD Projekt RED. Our chat covers much about the process of crafting a story for a game as huge as Cyberpunk 2077 – from time-limited dialogue choices to character origin stories and, of course, the challenge and joy of environmental storytelling in an open world. Here’s out chat in full.
Four hours with Cyberpunk 2077 - PCGamesN
Cyberpunk 2077 has some of the best bars in videogames. You can find them tucked away in practically every borough of the megapolis of Night City. There’s the legendary Afterlife, a meeting place for the mercenary elite buried beneath the brutalist architecture of Watson’s Kabuki district. It’s brightly lit so local celebrities can be seen, the music is quiet enough to allow for conversation, and private booths comprise its perimeter. It’s the Cyberpunk equivalent of a Sunset Strip celebrity haunt.
Cyberpunk 2077’s open world might not be as big as first thought - PCGamesN
It seems Cyberpunk 2077‘s open world might be a little smaller – or at least structured differently – than what we first thought. In an interview with PCGamesN, CD Projekt Red level designer Max Pears has referred to “smaller contained areas”, rather than what was understood to be a wider open world.
“GTA mode” is possible in Cyberpunk 2077 - PCGamesN
When the Cyberpunk 2077 release date rolls around later this year, you’ll be able to steal cars and stir up some chaos in the RPG game’s bustling Night City. And, developer CD Projekt Red previously confirmed there’ll be no morality system in Cyberpunk 2077 as such, so you won’t need to worry about too many questionable decisions stacking up against you. However, while the game will let you tear around and cause some carnage, the dev’s pretty sure players won’t be tempted to stick with “GTA mode” for too long.
We played Cyberpunk 2077 for four hours - Eurogamer
It's frustrating that the first chance to play Cyberpunk 2077 is not in the flesh but remotely, streamed from somebody else's PC. But there's a pandemic so a press event can't happen, and this is what we've got. And you know what? The tech's not bad. The video image is compressed but it's still a stunning game, and while there's a bit of input lag, it's negligible. It's surprisingly playable, and so I play for four hours from the very beginning of the game.

For those who hate commentary and talking heads, here's another no-comment video:

The huge number and variety of questions in these interviews/previews I guess indicate the significant complexity of Cyberpunk 2077 and new world that they created from scratch (in comparison to pre-existing lore and world in the Witcher series).

From watching those gameplay vids, it does seem like almost all the dialog options are just window dressing in cut scenes that are only going one way. I hope the options are more significant deeper into the game.

On the plus side looks like another game finally adopted the Alpha Protocol timed conversations. I loved that feature and always thought it should be used more.

On the plus side looks like another game finally adopted the Alpha Protocol timed conversations. I loved that feature and always thought it should be used more.

Can I pause the timer to quickly google a walkthrough / wiki page that helps me to ruin my immersive experience? :S

edit: I think there where also a few timed responses in Witcher 3.

Last edited:
From watching those gameplay vids, it does seem like almost all the dialog options are just window dressing in cut scenes that are only going one way. I hope the options are more significant deeper into the game.

I also wouldn't mind making choices and progressing based on the actions that I take - more like Deus Ex. I guess there is a balance between traditional dialog and immersive simulation systems (through interaction) and their appeal to audiences that CD Projekt are trying to make..

I also wouldn't mind making choices and progressing based on the actions that I take - more like Deus Ex. I guess there is a balance between traditional dialog and immersive simulation systems (through interaction) and appeal to audiences.

Yes, I'm hoping there will be more of a Deus Ex experience as we get into it. It might just be early-game content that's fairly linear, and the whole thing broadens out in terms of tone and possibilities. Fingers crossed.

edit: I think there where also a few timed responses in Witcher 3.
Only a few times in key points of the game. If you took to long it randomly picked an answer. I almost forgot about those choices til you mentioned them.:)

As long as only dialogues are timed and not missions, platforming or racing it's fine by me.

Do you mean we have a time to pick up an answer? If so, I can say I never liked this "feature".

More articles and another interview video.

Summer of Gaming 2020 Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Interview

Diving Deep Into The First Hours Of Cyberpunk 2077 - Game Informer

Our Five Biggest Takeaways From ur Four Hours - Game Informer

After Four Hours, I'm as Happy as Concerned - GamepressureFreedom, master world-building, and customisable genitalia - GamesRadar

Cyberpunk 2077 hands-on: 8 points for RPG fans - RPG Site

Cyberpunk 2077 hands-on - VG247Cyberpunk 2077 interview with Tomasz Marchewka - VG247

Four hours with Cyberpunk 2077 - PCGamesN

Cyberpunk 2077’s open world might not be as big as first thought - PCGamesN

“GTA mode” is possible in Cyberpunk 2077 - PCGamesN

We played Cyberpunk 2077 for four hours - Eurogamer

CouchPotato, you seem to be a heavy poster regarding all things CP2077-related. Can you (or other members, should they know) answer my questions:

1) Can we enter and explore the various buildings/houses that aren't necessarily related to the main quest/side quests? Have any of these videos shown this in any way?

2) Does the game encourage us to get off the beaten path so we can fnd any kind of "treasure" (money, gear, or anything else)?

Do you mean we have a time to pick up an answer? If so, I can say I never liked this "feature".
It is sort of realistic that it isn't possible to ponder every possible answer. A problem though (apart from liking it or not), is that the reading and processing speed of the player becomes important, which might make it difficult for a lot of people to enjoy.

Now don't quote me on this as I'm not 100% sure but based on the demo it's only at certain key points to encourage fact pace choices. Witcher 2 had them as well but you could skip them

Now don't quote me on this as I'm not 100% sure but based on the demo it's only at certain key points to encourage fact pace choices. Witcher 2 had them as well but you could skip them

Yeah, if the Witcher 3 is anything to go by, they're infrequent and used to simulate high pressure situations. I wouldn't want it to apply to every conversation (at all), but I kinda like the mechanic when applied judiciously.

Back
Top Bottom