D:OS2 Mod recommendation

Divinity: Original Sin 2
Nothing wrong with that.

You should know that permanent spirit vision mod is removed on both workshop and nexus.
Why, it's currently unknown. Maybe it gets added officially in the game with the next patch?

I will see what happen this week and update my guide accordingly.

According to post from nexus, the permanent spirit vision mod was removed as it potentially could cause corrupt save games. Personally, I played through the game without corrupt saves issue with this mod installed and I am in my second play through with this mod.

I replaced the mod with a Longer Spirit Vision mod,which increases duration of Spirit Vision to 99 turns from original 10

A good list, I would really like to install the not so bloated numbers one, that one will go a good towards solving my main annoyance which is that you never have the same gear for more than one level or maybe two. Great unique! Sorry, you levelled up so now it's obsolete. The tooltip one sounds like a great addition as well.

Item stat bloat is indeed a problem; however, I fear that installing a mod to normalize it somewhat would probably trivialize much of the game's progression. As far as character building goes, with static action points and initiative meaning practically nothing, all the game has left really is MOAR damage via skill points and the neverending hunt to replace gear you got an hour previously. Eliminate half of that and you're stuck with even more boredom.

That item border mod though! I had been looking for something just like that - Divine gear is so damn hard to spot.

I just started a new playthrough with the "no numbers bloat". Hell yes. There's still an obvious item progression, but uniques feel satisfyingly more powerful and will last longer, as will other good gear you find and you won't gimp yourself by not buying new gear every level up. This of course breaks the economy but that was already not a problem in vanilla.

In no numbers bloat mod, item progress would still exist, since higher level items tend to have better enchantment.
According to Originexus 's post, different level of items would have the same basic data in this mod.
Originexus's edit should have been included in this mod now.

-----------------------------------------
Originexus posted @ 14:44, 5 Oct 2017
Hello,

For people using the no scaling version (starting vitality 100), here's a way to solve the scaling issue where damage decreases per level:

Change the "VitalityToDamageRatioGrowth" to "-0.04" instead of the default "0.2" in the Data.txt file. I've tested in the Game Master mode and a common sword level 2 will do the same damage as a common sword level 20 or 40.

This is interesting because this number nullifies damage growth per level for weapons and skills (except skills based on character level, see below).

So with that, you can use the equipement you like all through the game. Improving your damage is done by

- levelling the appropriate abilities (ex: warfare and weapon abilites, magic schools etc.)
- raising the appropriate attributes
- using better weapons (uncommon, rare, epic, unique etc.)
- gaining levels (for skills based on character level)

Note: ennemies scale similarly (more attributes, more abilities, better weapon, more resistance etc.)

Some numbers:

Character 1 (W) is a warrior using a common big warhammer doing 20-21 Physical damage (same damage regardless of the level of the weapon) and Battle Stomp
Character 2 (M) is a mage pyro with Fireball (scales with character level)

Level 1

W: with Strength 10, warfare 0, a basic attack does 20-21 damage (the weapon damage without modifiers obviously), battle stomp does 18-19 damage
W: with Strength 12, warfare 2, a basic attack does 25-27 damage, battle stomp does 22-25 damage

M: with intelligence 10, pyro 10, fireball does 19-21 damage
M: with intelligence 12, pyro 12, fireball does 24-26 damage

Level 5

W: with Strength 15, warfare 5, a basic attack does 32-34 damage, battle stomp does 29-30 damage

M: with intelligence 15, pyro 5, fireball does 33-37 damage

Level 10

W: with Strength 20, warfare 10, a basic attack does 45-48 damage, battle stomp does 41-44 damage

M: with intelligence 20, pyro 10, fireball does 51-57 damage

Level 15

W: with Strength 25, warfare 10, two-handed 5 a basic attack does 60-63 damage, battle stomp does 54-57 damage (the warrior can use ability points in 2H to improve his damage)

M: with intelligence 25, pyro 10, fireball does 65-72 damage (Fireball damage scales with the character level)

Level 20

W: with Strength 25, warfare 10, two-handed 10 a basic attack does 68-72 damage, battle stomp does 62-65 damage

M: with intelligence 25, pyro 10, fireball does 71-77 damage

Now if you replace the warrior's weapon with a Epic one for example that does 25-30 then at level 20 the warrior will do 86-102 damage. The mage's fireball does less damage but the mage has also ability points elsewhere (ex: another magic school) while the warrior was fully invested in doing damage by spending points in Two-Handed. Also the effects of the spells should be taken into account (AOE etc.).

In my opinion, magic and physical seem pretty balanced.

(Note that for some reason weapons level 1 do slightly more damage (usually 1 point more) than the level 2 and onwards which have the same damage. This is not a problem because uncommon, rare etc. weapons are better than the common weapon level1.)

In no numbers bloat mod, item progress would still exist, since higher level items tend to have better enchantment.

Not true whatsoever. A level 16 Divine item can have the exact same modifiers as a level 20 Divine item. The only differences are the armor/damage values (which get calculated via bloated vitality).

This is what makes the endgame such a bore for me: little character progression and no item progression. There's actually Regression when items are concerned unless you like sitting in front of vendors for hours on end, reloading your game to reset the RNG for replacement gear.

Back
Top Bottom