Cyberpunk 2077 - Interview @Dualshockers

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
An interview about Cyberpunk 2077 from Dualshockers.

G: Since you have a certain amount of freedom in designing your character, do the quests actually recognize your choices in creating your V beyond the obvious gender choice? Maybe someone could call you a “blondie” if you have blonde hair or something like that?

PM: Absolutely, and not even just your appearance, but the choices that you make will also affect things later. To make up an example — this is not an actual thing — maybe the way that you solve a quest… If you complete it without a fight, and later on you need help from some people… If you solved that quest by fighting, those people will remember it and say “Actually, you shot one of my friends last week, I’m not gonna help you out.” On the other hand, if you didn’t fight, maybe they’re going to help you out.

But yeah, also the way you dress, the way you customize your character, we want the world to respond to these things.

G: So if you dress in a certain way, NPCs will treat you differently? That’s pretty rare.

PM: It was done in a limited way before in a few other games. Alpha Protocol did it a couple of times and also going back all the way to Daggerfall.

[...]
Thanks Farflame!

More information.

Still a fair few "too early to tell" answers in there. I'm leaning more and more towards the view that this game won't be coming out in 2019.

There are way smaller tactical RPGs that fire me up a lot more than this gigantic tech-demo & resource hog.

Man, I adore your cynism in all posts and you usually get thumb up from me even if I disagree, but that one needs some better phrasing.
Many small vs one big unique. I mean, quality vs quantity, but of course. The question is what exactly is quality and what quantity there. :p

This will be a day 1 purchase for me so really no need to continue following the agonizingly slow information trickle on this game.

It really doesn’t sound like it’s anywhere even close to completion. I’ll probably be tuning out any future news until it’s released. Which feels like sometime in 2020 at earliest.

This will be a day 1 purchase for me so really no need to continue following the agonizingly slow information trickle on this game.

It really doesn’t sound like it’s anywhere even close to completion. I’ll probably be tuning out any future news until it’s released. Which feels like sometime in 2020 at earliest.
Nope if you follow the interviews & Reddit threads 2019 is the probable target. The game is already playable from start to finish, and the size of the development team is a factor.

As I said before
Cyberpunk 2077 producer Richard Borzymowski said the game still doesn't have all of its assets, and the fixes for the bugs that were discovered in playtesting haven't been implemented yet. However, you can play through the entire game and see the story unfold, which Borzymowski says is important for finishing the game's development. "[Playing through the game] gives you the answers to all of your doubts," he said. "It just feels great."
Also the "we're much, much closer to a release date than we were back then" statement they said a few weeks ago casts doubts. It may release in 2020 or not. But find it hard to believe they intend to constantly advertise the game till 2020.
Yeah it doesn't make sense for them to show at E3 with anything much more than a year to go. They don't want even a year and a half marketing, 12-15 months seems like their ideal window.

I think we're 15 months out from the game, tops, so fall 2019. There's a marketing interest in not leaving a big gap from reveal, as well as one in getting this out in advance of PS5 so they can do what GTA did.
I don’t think people realize how fast modern games can go from Pre-Alpha to Pre-Release, especially considering the sheer size of the dev team at CDPR. Pre-Alpha is almost always the longest and hardest stage of development. Everything after that is a cake walk.

There are way smaller tactical RPGs that fire me up a lot more than this gigantic tech-demo & resource hog.

It will be difficult. but I will somehow try to live with that opinion.

It will be difficult. but I will somehow try to live with that opinion.

Our mercy is being just a lil bit edgy. :)

One day he will meet just the right girl and she will show him there is still some good and right in the world. The two will fall in love and then she will say:

Oh, you're the One!

And then they'll get married and make many, many little would-be edgelords together.

( And they'll live happily ever after, ofc) :)

Back
Top Bottom